Bugbase

macleanb

Hi

firstly let me apologise - this is work related!

I was wonderring if there had been any threads/thoughts os setting up a "BugBase" here on Mr Excel. I've been bitten badly recently - one of those situations when you know it must be you doing something stupid, so I spent hours and hours trying to fix "my" code - only to eventually find at the end it wasnt me after all (OK 99% of the time it is - BTW in this case it was setting validation in VBA - which sometimes errors if the cell is not selected first)

Anyone else got any thoughts on this or any site recomendations who do have this?

cheers & ttfn benm

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
Oh - I was hoping for one about 3 million times more concise! Cheers Anyway. I must say Zack I was really admiring your steady persistance yesterday - I wonder whether you have a severly bruised forehead sometimes ;)

firefytr said:
Yeah, it's called the Microsoft Knowledge Base (mostly). ;)

http://support.microsoft.com/

If there are any new users of Excel reading this thread, please note that fireftyr is making an attempt at humour.

The MSKB is an extremely useful source of information and help - and that is it's raison d'etre (it's not a "bugbase").

Create a shortcut to MSKB - you will probably use it as much as or more than Excel Help.

Yes, I was attempting humour; in addition to providing a link to one of the worlds largest (imho) "Bug Base's", among other things. But thanks for that. Didn't realize my tone had come off that way.

C. O. Jones said:
firefytr said:
Yeah, it's called the Microsoft Knowledge Base (mostly). ;)

http://support.microsoft.com/

If there are any new users of Excel reading this thread, please note that fireftyr is making an attempt at humour.

The MSKB is an extremely useful source of information and help - and that is it's raison d'etre (it's not a "bugbase").

Create a shortcut to MSKB - you will probably use it as much as or more than Excel Help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MhammadishaqKhan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back