Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2013
  3. 2011
  4. 2010
  5. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi I have an assortment of items where sales totals $3 million based on customer usage they gave for 12 months

Customer will start buying in April though so the usage they have asked to calculate based that based on $2 million since buying will start in April

Is it fair to divide the quantity usage they gave based on 12 months to instead 1.5. Am I doing this properly?

For one line they have 15 units but is it fair to do a roundup dividing that by 1.5?

=roundup(15 / 1.5)

I tried doing by 9 since that is April through December but the number is too low

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
assuming no seasonality and its just a linear usage

then i would take the yearly total / 12
and apply that as a monthly amount

3/4 of the usage
not sure whay you are divinding by 1.5

1200 used in a calendar year - Jan-Dec then that would = 1200/12 = 100 per month
so for 9 months - April to December they will use 100*9 = 900 - assuming a linear usage , no seasonality or other impact on usage

but if you divide by 1.5 = 1200/1.5 = 800

I tried doing by 9 since that is April through December but the number is too low
perhaps you could show a sample , why is it too low ? , must be seasonal

Therefore -

A SMALL sample spreadsheet, around 10-20 rows, would help a lot here, with all sensitive data removed, and expected results mocked up and manually entered, with a few notes of explanation.

This will possibly enable a quicker and more accurate solution for you.

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data and will allow us to copy/paste your sample data into our Excel spreadsheets, saving a lot of time.

You can also test to see if it works ok, in the "Test Here" forum.

OR if you cannot get XL2BB to work, or have restrictions on your PC

then put the sample spreadsheet onto a share

I only tend to goto OneDrive, Dropbox or google docs , as I'm never certain of other random share sites and possible virus.
Please make sure you have a representative data sample and also that the data has been desensitised, remember this site is open to anyone with internet access to see - so any sensitive / personal data should be removed

Make sure you set any share or google to share to everyone

Upvote 0
Solution
Thank you. Using the 3/4 at .75 worked. It is a little over but that is using 3/4 of the months like you said which is what was needed. Thank you so much. This was incredibly helpful and worked perfectly

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back