Calculated Column. Averageif/Maxif/Minif

andro02351

I want to create/assign a new value in to some rows in my data depending on the average, maximum or minimum of an multiple criteria if based calculation on rows other than the current row.

I've created a regular xl file to illustrate where I want to go, however, I can't post attachments yet. In Excel of course I can't easily do the maxif or minif side at all. In Powerpivot I realise that this could be done with measures, however, I want the result to be a permanent addition to each record/row so would prefer a calculated field.

In regular excel I used the following formula (from my sample file attached) to return a field of averages, how do I do this in a Powerpivot table and how do I do it for maxif and minif. RealValues, Group, Number of Widgets and Has_a_Real_value being named single column ranges of the same dimensions as each other.

=IFERROR(IF(E4="Yes","",TRUNC(SUMIFS(RealValues,Group,A4,Number_of_Widgets,$C4,Has_a_Real_Value,"Yes")/COUNTIFS(Group,A4,Number of Widgets,Has_a_real_value,"Yes"),0)),"")

There will be some combinations that have no matches so the IFERROR handles those, most rows have a real value, so for those this calculation isn't needed and returns null. Another column will combine the assigned and real values into a single field, I will later manually assign values via a lookup table to those rows where the IFERROR was invoked.

Thanks

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
I can't edit and noticed a type in my formula,

=IFERROR(IF(E4="Yes","",TRUNC(SUMIFS(RealValues,Group,$A4,Number_of_Widgets,$C4,Has_a_Real_Value,"Yes")/COUNTIFS(Group,$A4,Number of Widgets,$C4,Has_a_real_value,"Yes"),0)),"")

Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
texmansru47

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back