Calculated Field in a pivot table using a Pivot Table Grand Total

kcstam

Need help please with a Calculated Field in a pivot table using a Pivot Table Grand Total in the formular.

Example:
Acme Corp purchased 3 items from ABC Co and received three invoices (A01, A02, A03) form ABC Co for those items.

Below is a link to dropbox where I have the pivot table and original data source. The pivot table shows how much was paid on each invoice and a Grand Total of ‘Amount Paid’ for each invoice.

Problem:
Please see Column I, “Balance Owed” (Col C – Col H), which shows the balance of how much Acme owes ABC Co for each invoice, with a Total amount owed at the bottom of the Col I. This is not part of the pivot table, but I would like it to be. Does anyone know how I could make Col I a part of the pivot table? Thanks for any help anyone may be able to provide! :)

NOTE</SPAN>: I tried adding a Calculate Field that subtracts ‘Invoice Amount’ from ‘Amount Paid’ but this puts the calculation to the right of each ‘Payment Date’ / ‘Payment Number’ column. Instead, I want one column that represents the ‘Invoice Amount’ less the Grand Total of ‘Amount Paid’, i.e., Balance Owed, as represented in Col I.

https://www.dropbox.com/l/9W7aDfmBOiabRy4AbNUVPr<o:p></o:p>
</SPAN>

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
Welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry to say but I don't think there is a way that you can do what you want with the pivot table.

What you can do is write a sheet change event procedure. I don't think this is a good thing but it is a way that you can update the information.

What if their next payment is $120? How do you enter that into the source sheet? If you are stuck with this format for the source data, it will be a difficult (not impossible) task. I would tend to rethink the source data layout, if that is an option, to better solve the problem.

Upvote 0
Need help please with a Calculated Field in a pivot table using a Pivot Table Grand Total in the formular.

Example:
Acme Corp purchased 3 items from ABC Co and received three invoices (A01, A02, A03) form ABC Co for those items.

Below is a link to dropbox where I have the pivot table and original data source. The pivot table shows how much was paid on each invoice and a Grand Total of ‘Amount Paid’ for each invoice.

Problem:
Please see Column I, “Balance Owed” (Col C – Col H), which shows the balance of how much Acme owes ABC Co for each invoice, with a Total amount owed at the bottom of the Col I. This is not part of the pivot table, but I would like it to be. Does anyone know how I could make Col I a part of the pivot table? Thanks for any help anyone may be able to provide! :)

NOTE</SPAN>: I tried adding a Calculate Field that subtracts ‘Invoice Amount’ from ‘Amount Paid’ but this puts the calculation to the right of each ‘Payment Date’ / ‘Payment Number’ column. Instead, I want one column that represents the ‘Invoice Amount’ less the Grand Total of ‘Amount Paid’, i.e., Balance Owed, as represented in Col I.

https://www.dropbox.com/l/9W7aDfmBOiabRy4AbNUVPr<o:p></o:p>
</SPAN>

Thank you for the reply, I was afraid that would be the answer. I'll try and rethink the data source layout.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MhammadishaqKhan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back