Calculating 26 weeks from start date

nudepinksnake

Hi guys,

How can I create a formula that will calculate an end date for a period of 26 weeks when I already have a start date? The 26th week will always end on a friday. however, week one can be defined as any working day.

Thanks in advance!

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"

JoeMo

MrExcel MVP
Office Version
365, 2010
Platform
Windows
Hi guys,

How can I create a formula that will calculate an end date for a period of 26 weeks when I already have a start date? The 26th week will always end on a friday. however, week one can be defined as any working day.

Thanks in advance!
If start date is in cell A1, this should give you the Friday 26 weeks later.
Code:
=CHOOSE(WEEKDAY(26*7+A1,1),26*7+A1-2,26*7+A1-3,26*7+A1-4,26*7+A1-5,26*7+A1-6,26*7+A1,26*7+A1-1)

Weaver

I think this should work, for a date in A2

=A2+7*26+5-WEEKDAY(A2,2)

Subscribe on YouTube

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kay_dee8

This Week's Hot Topics

• Sort code advice please
    Hi, I have the code below which im trying to edit but getting a little stuck. This was the original code which worked fine,columns A-F would sort...
  • SUMPRODUCT with nested If statement
    Hi everyone, Hope you're all well. I'm hoping someone will be able to point me in the right direction with a problem I'm having with a SUMPRODUCT...
  • VBA - simple sort is killing me!
    Hello all! This should be so easy, but not for me, apparently! I have a table of data that can be of varying lengths and widths. My current macro...
  • Compare Two Lists
    I have two Lists and I need to be able to Identify differences between them. List 100 comes from a workbook - the other is downloaded form the...
  • Formula that deducts points for each code I input.
    I am trying to create a formula that will have each student in my class start at 100 points and then for each code that I enter (PP for Poor...
  • Conditional formatting formula required for day of week and a value
    Hi, I have a really simple spreadsheet where column A is the date, column B is the activity total shown as a number and column C states the day of...