Calculating Gestational Age

sejohnson

Hello All,

I am creating an outpatient log using Excel for a Labor & Delivery Unit. Is there a way to calculate a gestational age by entering the due date?

Ideally a staff member would enter the EDC (est. date of confinement), say 3/31/2012 in A2 and the EGA (est. gestational age) would generate in B2 as "38+3," "38 3/7" or "38 weeks 3 days".

Thanks in advance for any input!

like this?

a​
b​
c​
d​
1​
name​
due​
ga [w.d]​
2​
elizabeth
07/15/2014​
33.0​
c2 and down: =dollarfr((today()-b2+280)/7, 7)
3​
barb
09/26/2014​
22.4​
4​
cara
11/09/2014​
16.2​
5​
dana
12/11/2014​
11.5​
6​
ella
10/04/2014​
21.3​
7​
fran
08/27/2014​
26.6​
8​
gail
07/23/2014​
31.6​
9​
hana
10/15/2014​
19.6​
10​
iris
12/01/2014​
13.1​

<tbody>
</tbody>

yesssss!!

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
Well it didn't work for me. I was previously using Robert's formula above, and it worked but I couldn't figure out how to make it calculate the formula all the way down the column. shg's post is exactly what I want, but when I tried that formula on my sheet it didn't work at all. Mine was starting in C3 so I changed that, but it still didn't work.

Upvote 0
As you can see, it works for my example. Show how your data is arranged.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone,

I am hopeless with excel. I am trying to do a similar spreadsheet but instead of basing the corrected gestational age on EDC/EDD, I want to base it on gestational age at birth. eg. Gestation at birth 36 weeks 2 days, Day 2, CGA 36 weeks 4 days.

Can anyone help?!

Upvote 0
Hello,

Wondered if you could help me with another formula for calculating a date based on a due date.

A) I would like to calculate the date on which a woman becomes 24 weeks pregnant based on her due date (which I have, lets say cell A1).

B) I would also like to work out the number of weeks pregnant a woman was on a specific date (in the past) based on her due date.

Any help greatly appreciated!
Amy

Upvote 0
Hello Mr. Excel,
This did not seem to work for my ladies with the estimated date of conception is in one year and will deliver in the next. I actually prefer to have an equation that calculates the gestational age from the estimated delivery date. This is what I have so far:
EDC# Weeks
8/19/20176201 weeks 3 days
12/16/20176201 weeks 3 days

<tbody>
</tbody>

OR the PREFERRED

EDD# Weeks
5/12/2018 ?
9/13/2018 ?

<tbody>
</tbody>

Upvote 0
You can use the formula I suggested earlier, EDD in B1, today's date in A2
Hi Barry, I have been searching for formulas for calculating gestational age from a due date and yours is by the far the best I found so far. I am extremely novice at excel. My calculation works more accurately with 280 instead of 279. however I was wondering if you could help me format the formula to adjust to multiple cells but always have today's date be in A1 as a fixed function. I want the list to automatically adjust based on today's date every time it is accessed and I want to be able to add new patients and just enter a due date in one column and the GA (gestational age) column will automatically calculate for that row. Here I did three examples of what I need but I had to manually adjust the formula under GA for each new row. for example for the third patient in row 4 this was my formula: =INT((280-$D$4+A1)/7)&"w"&MOD(280-$D$4+A1,7)&"d"

So I need each new row under GA to automatically go back to A1 as today's date but use whichever new D row it is next to. I hope that makes sense and seems like something that should be possible. I did use the today formula for A1 so I am assuming that it will change each day. thanks

12/3/2019​
Last NameFirst NameEDDGA
doesandy
6/5/2020​
13w4d
smithjane
7/5/2020​
9w2d
testmary
4/15/2020​
20w6d

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back