Calculating Multiple Columns with SUMIFS

SchaneConfer

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a spread sheet with three columns. Column B has 22 different two or three letter characters such as "PB" or "ChR", Column C has three different letter character such as "M", and Column D has a numbers it in such as 1 or greater. In a separate cell I have a formula (=sumifs(D2:D60, $B$2:$B$60, "PB", $C$2:$C$60, "M") where I'm trying to sum Column D if it meets criteria in Columns B and C. The formula is returning a summed value, but it appears as if it is not calculating any cell that contains the number "1". I did a search in the forum and could find anything to help and I could glean anything from my previous SUMIF post. Any help is greatly appreciated and thank you in advance!

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Are you sure that those cells in column D that contain a "1" contain the NUMBERIC VALUE 1, and not a TEXT VALUE of 1?

One easy way to check is to identify one of those cells with a "1" in it that should be included in the sum, and enter this formula in any blank cell on your sheet and see what it returns.
If cell D12 is one of those cells, the formula should be:
Excel Formula:
=ISNUMBER(D12)

If the formula returns FALSE, that means you have a Text value of 1 in that cell and not a Numeric value, which is why your formula is not working.

Upvote 0
Solution
YES! They they were stored as text, I reformatted the column to be numbers and all is good now. I thought it was something simple that I was missing. Thank you very much!

Upvote 0
You are welcome.
Glad I was able to help!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back