Calculating threads problem

RAJESH1960

Banned for repeated rules violations
Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello everyone,
I notice a message at the bottom of the excel sheet stating calculating threads even when the code is not running. When I try to insert a sheet or edit any particular sheet, it is calculating threads and takes too much time to stop. I tried closing the workbook and re-opened multiple times but I am facing the same problem. What can be the problem and how do I solve it?
There is also a message in the left side down corner showing Accessibility Investigate.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
I think I recently replied to one of such kind post
  • The problem is due to a lot of calculations excel has to do
  • This can be solved by switching calculation method in preferences from Automatic to Manual
  • Also turn of Auto Recover else every time it AutoSaves, it shall start recalculating.
Here is the link to that post - Excel slows down. With alot of xlookup formulas

Hope it helps you in some way

Upvote 0
Thank you for the information Sanjay. I will try to uncheck the auto recover and try it out.

Upvote 0
It actually worked and the result of the code too improved to be faster than before. In future, I hope there ain't any problem or issue I have to face if I have un-checked Auto Recover. Except I will have to save the work now and then. Right!

Upvote 0
There is but one disadvantage I came across. If I close the workbook without saving all the data entered will be lost. I am not even getting a msg box whether I want to save the changes or not.

Upvote 0
There is but one disadvantage I came across. If I close the workbook without saving all the data entered will be lost. I am not even getting a msg box whether I want to save the changes or not.
Yes that can a challenge. But Excel window not asking to save must be some challenge with some other setting. That you have to find or you can post a new thread if someone good at it knows...

Upvote 0
I hope someone notices this post. I have a rough idea of how to do it but not sure if it will work.
With the help of a few new lines of code uncheck the Auto save from the workbook at the beginning of the code and once the code ends a few lines above the end sub will check the auto save option once again. This way it will not effect in future and auto saving the workbook will be as previously selected, once again. Hope it makes sense.

Upvote 0
I hope someone notices this post. I have a rough idea of how to do it but not sure if it will work.
With the help of a few new lines of code uncheck the Auto save from the workbook at the beginning of the code and once the code ends a few lines above the end sub will check the auto save option once again. This way it will not effect in future and auto saving the workbook will be as previously selected, once again. Hope it makes sense.
I wonder if that shall help or not. Today we had a similar post - You can follow that if someone would answer there

Link to the post - VBA to turn off AutoSave but not Save as it is actioned

With me it has been over 7 years, I have simply stopped Automatic Calculation and Auto Recover and I simply save when I need short break between the work. This way I get best of both worlds. Still your call...

Upvote 0
I wonder if that shall help or not. Today we had a similar post - You can follow that if someone would answer there

Link to the post - VBA to turn off AutoSave but not Save as it is actioned

With me it has been over 7 years, I have simply stopped Automatic Calculation and Auto Recover and I simply save when I need short break between the work. This way I get best of both worlds. Still your call...
As excel has been displaying the message to save or not, and I am used to that I can't afford to forget to save as my data is very huge. With your reply only I got the idea to include those steps in the code.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back