Calculation mode manual, but actions with large ranges of formulas are still time consuming...

Arijus

Hi,

I think this is mechanics of excel iself, but this issue is very frustrating to me.
So the calculation mode is manual. But if I try to clear or replace to values (copy paste values only)
some colums that contains more sofisticated formulas it takes very long time to do this.
For instance formula like this: SUMIFS(JH$88:JH2809;$DC$88:$DC2809;$DC2810;$BD$88:$BD2809;$BD2810-1;$DD$88:$DD2809;$DD2810)
I understand there is a logical reason that calculation process takes 2-3 minutes after entering this kind of formula to large range of cells , but why copy => paste special (values) or clearcontents actions takes even longer (>10 min) for the same range even in manual calculation mode?
There are no worksheet_change macros nor the range has related dependents (althought in manual mode it should not matter).
p.s. I even tried it on completely empty workbook: entering the above mentioned formula lets say to a 10000 rows (but one column only!), then calculating everything (F9), and then trying to clear contents or paste special (values) in all the range with mentioned formulas. It takes time! (and even sound of CPU fan appears!) Althought to my mind it should not be time and resource consuming action, because no real calculations have to be done...

Have anybody ever faced simmilar problems and could there be any solution?

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wcbyers

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back