calculations based on information from different cells

sdc83

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
hi guys, having a little trouble trying to figure this one out or even figure out if its possible. what I'm trying to do is figure out a formula to give information based on different types of information which could be added to different cells in a row. i know that sounds a little confusing but ill try and explain in below.

target cell to start with would be J6.
if a number is added to F6 i need J6 to automatically add J5 and F6 to show a total.
if a number is added to I6 i need J6 to automatically subtract I6 from J5 to show the total.
if the word "clean" is added to A6 i need J6 to only show the word "clean".

from the cells mentioned for data input (A6, I6 & F6) only one would be used per row depending on operation being tracked.

hope somebody out there can understand this and offer some help, even if to tell me its not possible.

thanks in advance.

If you need additional help to sort this out, I'll need to know how this Sheet interacts with your other Sheets (main page), if there are formulas to collect data between these sheets, I'll need to know what those formulas are.
And, this 0.00m3, is it manually entered, from formula, and is that Actually just 0 (zero), custom formatted as 0.00m3 ?

I would think you really need to show samples in table format if you can't do XL2BB, as a last resort, you can upload a sample file to a Free file sharing site (e.g. Dropbox) and post the link here.
those cells are custom formatted to show any numbers as "0.00m³", which is important. I will look at getting authorisation to install XL2BB on Monday when im back in the office. i think getting this sorted might be far easier with that. for now i have fought with excel enough for one night. many thanks for all your assistance and i will share with XL2BB once installed.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whatdoido

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back