Can a user load information into a published dashboard?

RockandGrohl

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all.

I'm building an analytics dashboard but are basically a total novice at Power BI.

For sake of argument, let's say my Database is a list of supermarket food prices. Each row is a product that can be found in one or more supermarkets, like this:

SupermarketProductCost
AldiApple£1.00
AldiBanana£0.80
AldiCake£4.00
LidlCake£3.50
LidlPear£0.50
LidlApple£1.10

I then have a second database which is an summary of all products, and the min and max of each price, like so:

ProductMin PriceMax Price
Apple£1.00£1.10
Banana£0.80£0.80
Cake£3.50£4.00
Pear£0.50£0.50

This would be displayed on a line-graph, turned into a dumbbell or dot-plot chart, so you have the Min & the Max price on the Y axis, product on the X axis and then little error bars that connect them. This is the stage I'm at.

The users of this dashboard can then input a CSV of their shopping list which also has price quotations on it, and it would then filter the chart* to only show the range of products that are on the shopping list, and it puts the shopping list price quote on the dumbbell chart - this way, the user can look at the price quote and determine whether it's above, below, or within the price ranges that sit inside the database.

chart example.JPG

* Chart is currently unfiltered.

Is this possible, and is this a sensible way to do things? Would you use a different technique to allow users to compare quoted prices against a database of prices?

Thank you very much for your time!

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
As a bonus question, can I also display the number of data points from the main database on the line?

So if I have 10 data points for "Apple" can these be displayed on the line as little dots, just so people can figure out where the distribution of data points is along the error bar line?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
provoking

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back