can anyone simplify this equation please?

englishdad

Board Regular
I'm thinking it could be done using a sumifs function but I can't get past the thinking stage! Any help, as always, is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

SUMIF(C7:C41,"PAID",D7:D41)+SUMIF(F7:F41,"PAID",G7:G42)+SUMIF(I7:I41,"PAID",J7:J41)+SUMIF(L7:L41,"PAID",M7:M41)+SUMIF(O7:O41,"PAID",P7:P42)+SUMIF(R7:R41,"PAID",S7:S41)+SUMIF(U7:U41,"PAID",V7:V42)+SUMIF(X7:X41,"PAID",Y7:Y41)+SUMIF(AA7:AA41,"PAID",AB7:AB41)+SUMIF(AD7:AD41,"PAID",AE7:AE41)+SUMIF(AG7:AG41,"PAID",AH7:AH41)+SUMIF(AJ7:AJ41,"PAID",AK7:AK41)+SUMIF(AM7:AM41,"PAID",AN7:AN41)+SUMIF(AP7:AP41,"PAID",AQ7:AQ41)+SUMIF(AS7:AS41,"PAID",AT7:AT41)+SUMIF(AV7:AV41,"PAID",AW7:AW41)

Thanks Aladin, just tried yours too, a variation on the above. It's all a bit hieroglyphic(y) to me at the moment, but thanks a lot for helping! :) Any ideas on my other puzzle? :confused:

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
Thanks Aladin, just tried yours too, a variation on the above. It's all a bit hieroglyphic(y) to me at the moment, but thanks a lot for helping! :)

What I posted is not a variation, rather a correction to the long existing non-robust originals.

Any ideas on my other puzzle? :confused:

Care to word the puzzle in words if the formulas you posted do not resolve it already?

Upvote 0
Fair Enough Aladin, my thanks to you as always :)

The puzzle in words...Hmmm...

Your array function (and the one from njimack above) sums certain cells if those cells contain 'PAID'

I would like to sum those cells that are within certain date ranges as mentioned above. I have a column of invoice numbers (ie B7:B41), a column of due dates (ie C7:C41) and a column of invoice values (ie D7:D41). This repeats, EFG, HIJ etc until AX,AY,AZ.

Hope that helps :)

Upvote 0
Given:

1,7/11/2017,15,1,7/18/2017,45

What is the expected result?

Note. Try to insert a column in front of the C column, do you still have a correct result with the earlier formula?

Upvote 0
Just to clarify and approach from a different angle, I took your function...=SUM(IF(MOD(COLUMN(D7:AW41)-COLUMN(D7),3)=0,IF(C7:AV41="paid",D7:AW41)))
and replaced the ="PAID" with
>TODAY(), expecting that it would sum all cells that have a date in the future. The resultant sum was 462269.69. To check, I then manually highlighted all the cells that had a future date to get a value of 212256.13. Clearly I'm missing something here, or perhaps your function cannot be altered??

If you have any spare time to have a look, I have uploaded the sheet to dropbox here ... https://www.dropbox.com/s/tik1u0o8kuiggtt/Book1.xlsx?dl=0

Upvote 0
Since C7:AV41 houses text like PIAD and text > number is true, we should avoid false positives...

Control+shift+enter:

=SUM(IF(MOD(COLUMN(D7:AW41)-COLUMN(D7),3)=0,IF(ISNUMBER(C7:AV41),IF(C7:AV41>TODAY(),D7:AW41))))

Upvote 0
And X2 in your workbook:

{=SUM(IF(MOD(COLUMN(D7:AZ41)-COLUMN(D7),3)=0,D7:AZ41))}

X3:

{=SUM(IF(MOD(COLUMN(D7:AW41)-COLUMN(D7),3)=0,IF(C7:AV41="paid",D7:AW41)))}

AF5:

{=SUM(IF(MOD(COLUMN(D7:AW41)-COLUMN(D7),3)=0,IF(ISNUMBER(C7:AV41),IF(C7:AV41<=TODAY()-7,D7:AW41))))}

Upvote 0
Hi Aladin

Many thanks, I've replaced the function above in post #18 and changed today() with today()+7 because this represents all current invoices that are more than 7 days away from being due. This function now goes in cell K5. I am now left with cells L5, N5, O5 & Q5.

I then put the function {=SUM(IF(MOD(COLUMN(D7:AW41)-COLUMN(D7),3)=0,IF(ISNUMBER(C7:AV41),IF(C7:AV41<=TODAY()-7,D7:AW41))))} in cell Q5 (changing today()-7 to today-15) and that seems to work.

This leaves me with green, amber & pink, L5, N5 & O5 and that is where I am stuck because they are not just over a certain number or under a certain number (ie grey & red, K5/Q5), they are between numbers and I'm not sure how to do that?????

Many thanks again for your help
:)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MhammadishaqKhan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back