Can I Change The Default Size Of Filter Box?

HaydenJalili

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
I use the little filter arrows a lot in excel 2007 and they are cool because of all the extra options and because it lists all your data with a check box so you can select many many variable - it's great - and I know I can change the size of the box all those choices are in by just grabbing the size handle at the bottom right corner and pulling it.

I am CONSTANTLY grabbing that handle and pulling down so I can see more of the filter list in one view - it really helps with scrolling long lists:

Is there a way to change the default size so it is bigger or am I required to grab that little handle all the time? (I'm a keyboard type - speed!)

There must be a VB code object parameter buried in there somewhere that tells the box how big to be when you activate the down arrow? Anyone know how to get to it and can I change the default size of perhaps change it's behavior to autosize or somthing?

Thanks for the help

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.

Peter_SSs

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I don't believe that there is a simple setting/fix. If there is one at all, I suspect @Jaafar Tribak would be the active forum member most likely to know or figure it out. If not, I assume he will at least post to say so.

Jaafar Tribak

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Are you referring to an ActiveX combobox embeeded in a worksheet or in a userform ?

Jaafar Tribak

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
@HaydenJalili

If you are still interested, you may want to take a look here:

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member