Can ROUND work within an IF(AND statement?

ecrodrig

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
Hello everyone,

First, I am so grateful for this forum. Thanks so much for everyone's input and suggestions. I am learning so much :). Now on to my situation:

This is a follow-up question to a question I previously posted. Since I received a solution for my original question, I am posting the follow-up as a new thread.

Original Question:
=LET(Verify, XLOOKUP(A4,'[RFS billings.xlsx]2021 2022'!$A:$A,'[RFS billings.xlsx]2021 2022'!$AA:$AA), IF(Verify='Master_Data_File (2)'!U4, "good", "check"))

The output from the Xlookup formula is 1575.3025 the number in U4 is 1575.30, so my result is coming up as "check" when it really should be good.

Answer received which worked: IF(ROUND(Verify,2)=U4

Now I am trying to add that formula into my Full formula, so I wonder if IF(ROUND(Verify, 2)=U4 would work within an IF(And statement? Trying to do the following:

IF(AND(Closed, Complete, (ROUND(Verify,2)='Master_Data_File (2)'!U4,"good"," check"))

"Closed" and "Complete" are other calculations within the Full formula. I need "Closed," "Complete," and "Verify" to all be true so I can get "good"; otherwise, it needs to say "Check."

When I do the above formula, I get an Error: There is a problem with this formula. Not trying to type a formula? I am doing something incorrectly.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
You didn’t put a closing bracket for the AND after U4.
Just caught that and fixed it, but now seems the round isn't working as it should since I am once again getting check rather than good. If I do just the round formula by itself, it works but when I add it into the full formula it isn't.

This picture shows my output. The #N/A are not found which I need to figure out how to change to an actual statement and then the "check " should be "good" Like the second picture. First pic is the full formula seconf pic just the IF(Round statement.
1665325007803.png

second pic. Here the good and check are correct.

1665325200054.png

Upvote 0
Just caught that and fixed it, but now seems the round isn't working as it should since I am once again getting check rather than good. If I do just the round formula by itself, it works but when I add it into the full formula it isn't.

This picture shows my output. The #N/A are not found which I need to figure out how to change to an actual statement and then the "check " should be "good" Like the second picture. First pic is the full formula seconf pic just the IF(Round statement.
View attachment 75789

second pic. Here the good and check are correct.

View attachment 75791
I figured it out...I needed to do the ROUND function at the calculation level. So for it to work I did the following:

=LET(Verify, (ROUND(XLOOKUP(A4,'[RFS billings.xlsx]2021 2022'!$A:$A,'[RFS billings.xlsx]2021 2022'!$AA:$AA),2)), IF(Verify='Master_Data_File (2)'!U4, "good", "check")

This now works :) Slowly but surely I am getting there!!

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
analystvar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back