Can you pause Charts from updating while an array fills in the source data?

Infidel Rob

I am trying to speed up one of my macros. The macro in question fills an array with data from the "Data" workbook, and then dumps it into a sheet in the "Charts" workbook. Loading the data takes a second or two, dumping it takes more than 90! (dumping it into a blank workbook also takes just a second or two.)

Having encountered something similar with formulas before, I have used Application.Calculation to turn off calculations (manual) prior to the loops that dump the array, and then turn it back on (automatic) after the dump, but this has not had the effect I expected.

The only thing I can think of is that this data feeds the various charts that exist in the "Charts" workbook (surprise!) and that they keep updating themselves as I dump the array. And that this updating isn't considered calculation as described above.

Is there another means of keeping the charts from updating until after the array has finished filling in the source data? Or do I just have to get used to a longer run time than I would like?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Rob

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LGVBPP

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back