candlestick pattern recognition

zoharb

Office Version
  1. 2021
  2. 2013
Respected,
Wants to get the logic- for excel formula for decoding OpenHighLowClose for candlestick patterns--
The details are --(1) (a)BUllish or (b)bearish
(2)(a)Inside bar (a)Above Bar (b) Belowbar(c)Normal Bar(d)Above normal Bar(body is above >50 of previous days body)(e)Below Normal Bar

(3)(a)Upper wick/shadow is longer than lower wick(b)Lower Wick/shadow is longer than Upperwick(c)Same size but same as body , so no spinning top like thing(d)Upperwick, Lowerwick and body all are of Same Size(~98%)(e)Spinning top pattern.

the structure I need is like--(1) if c(lose>O(open), then bullish else bearish , then go to second stage(2)If c2(today)>c1(yesterday) & o2<o1, inside bar, if c2<c1& o2>o1, its outside bar, if o2<o1& c2>50% *ci, then up Inside bar, ..... like that there are about 30+combination WHILE excel support only 7 levels of IF.--- so importnt to exactly know the logic as what to evaluate first-second-third.......

-------Can you please help me . I want logic as has to make the formula to suit at various place.
Zohar Batterywala

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
The way I have done this is to break it down to a much more detailed level by using lots of extra colummns ( assuming price go down rows), Each column detects just one single condition e.g
1: Today open above yestedays open,
2: todays low above yesterdays low
3: Todays close above todays open
4: Todays High above yesterdays high
etc etc,
You can then combine any number of columns together with a simple AND function
I didn't use any if statements!!

Upvote 0
The way I have done this is to break it down to a much more detailed level by using lots of extra colummns ( assuming price go down rows), Each column detects just one single condition e.g
1: Today open above yestedays open,
2: todays low above yesterdays low
3: Todays close above todays open
4: Todays High above yesterdays high
etc etc,
You can then combine any number of columns together with a simple AND function
I didn't use any if statements!!
Respected,
The problem is
(1)The structure with me do not allow me to use more than 2 cells and they are Quite(B & G column cells are empty as per now) apart
(2)Also it has happened many times in other functions---- that a particular condition does not trigger as the preceding conditions negates that condition,(logical error), so I want to first clear the exact thought process----means steps of it in going through various conditions ---before constructing formula for that.
BTW THANK YOU
Zohar Batterywala

Upvote 0
You can put the extra columns on another sheet!! Also by putting all the conditions in separate columns it is much easier to check the logic and combine it in stages rather than trying to do it with one complicated if statement. If you really want to do it in one statement, you can avoid if statements by combining the logic with "AND" and "OR" functions , You can nest functions to 64 levels so that shoudl be plenty

Upvote 0
Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: candlestick pattern recognition - OzGrid Free Excel/VBA Help Forum
If you have posted the question at more places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0
Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: candlestick pattern recognition - OzGrid Free Excel/VBA Help Forum
If you have posted the question at more places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.
Respected, I posted there after I got the answer from this forum/group that was just a spam message and was in no way solving my problem. And also I had given the link of this post while posting there.
Sorry, but will not repeat this mistake in future.
SORRY
Zohar Batterywala

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MhammadishaqKhan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back