Can’t edit cells of Excel file embedded into webpage using smaller devices

zidnaut

I embedded an Excel file into a WordPress page via OneDrive, but I can’t edit the cells on smaller screen devices. A PC with a mouse or touchscreen works fine. A Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 also works, though it requires multiple taps / double-taps to select the cell (shows white circle anchors at the NW/SE corners), change to a cursor mode, and then open the Android keyboard. But with a Galaxy S4 or S6 phone it's extremely difficult getting past the white circle anchors stage. It sometimes works after 50-100 random taps/double-taps for no obvious reason – not a viable user experience. Zooming in to the target cell doesn’t seem to help. Rotating to the wider landscape orientation maybe helps a little. Symptom occurs on both Chrome and Samsung default browsers.

An example is here: EmbdExcelTest - Texas Power Guide

Am I missing something? Is there a better way to Embed an interactive spreadsheet into a webpage? (Excel was embedded per these instructions: https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...OneDrive-804e1845-5662-487e-9b38-f96307144081)

Thanks in advance for any help! P.S.: Longtime fan/user of MrExcel.com. I asked this on answers.microsoft.com with no response yet, so now I'm turning to the big guns. :)

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
burgsrus

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back