Cell Referencing - Recognizing Data from Row

carrieebacon

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Okay A) I would like to apologize for constantly posting on here, but I am learning. B) I have one sheet in a workbook that contains asbuilt data (ASBUILT), and one sheet that will be used to format the text that I will place into Trimble Business Center (TBC TEXT). I would like to pull (or reference) from column J in ASBUILT to place into either column D, F, I, or L. The thing is, it needs to align with the correct ID number in column B in ASBUILT. If there is a better way to do what I am trying to do, feel free to tell me. I have been working on putting this together for a while and I think I have lost my sanity.

Here is what I am working with.

This is the ASBUILT sheet
ASBUILT SNIP.PNG

And this is the TBC TEXT sheet
TBC TEXT SNIP.PNG

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
Try:
VBA Code:
Sub FillElevation()
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Dim v1 As Variant, v2 As Variant, i As Long, ii As Long, srcWS As Worksheet, desWS As Worksheet
    Dim Val1 As String, Val2 As String, Val3 As String, Val4 As String, fnd As Range
    Set srcWS = Sheets("AS-BUILT")
    Set desWS = Sheets("TBC TEXT")
    v1 = desWS.Range("A5", desWS.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)).Resize(, 13).Value
    v2 = srcWS.Range("G4", srcWS.Range("G" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)).Resize(, 6).Value
    For i = LBound(v1) To UBound(v1)
        If WorksheetFunction.CountIf(srcWS.Range("G4", srcWS.Range("G" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)), v1(i, 1)) > 0 Then
            Val1 = v1(i, 1) & "|" & v1(i, 5)
            Val2 = v1(i, 1) & "|" & v1(i, 9)
            Val3 = v1(i, 1) & "|" & v1(i, 13)
            For ii = LBound(v2) To UBound(v2)
                If v2(ii, 1) & "|" & v2(ii, 3) = Val1 Then
                    desWS.Range("F" & i + 4) = v2(ii, 6)
                ElseIf v2(ii, 1) & "|" & v2(ii, 3) = Val2 Then
                    desWS.Range("J" & i + 4) = v2(ii, 6)
                ElseIf v2(ii, 1) & "|" & v2(ii, 3) = Val3 Then
                    desWS.Range("N" & i + 4) = v2(ii, 6)
                End If
            Next ii
        End If
    Next i
    For ii = LBound(v2) To UBound(v2)
        If v2(ii, 2) <> "" And v2(ii, 3) = "" Then
            Set fnd = desWS.Range("A:A").Find(v2(ii, 1), LookIn:=xlValues, lookat:=xlWhole)
            If Not fnd Is Nothing Then
                desWS.Range("C" & fnd.Row) = v2(ii, 6)
            End If
        End If
    Next ii
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Upvote 0
If I want to change the columns its searching etc., what would I need to change?

Upvote 0
Please describe in detail which columns. If you added or deleted columns or changed the organization of the data in any way, then upload the new file.

Upvote 0
In order for this to work we have to make some changes for consistency. In the Design sheet, the ID's in column A do not match the ID's in column A of the TBC Text sheet because they contain the character "#". That character has to be removed in all the ID's in column A of the Design sheet. Also in the Design sheet, all rows in columns F, I and L must have a direction in them even if they are redundant. The cells in those three columns cannot be left blank otherwise the code thinks that the blank character is a actually a direction. Please upload a revised file with the changes.

Upvote 0
I removed the "#' character and inserted (N/A) in cells with no direction in the design sheet. Before I upload again, should I insert (N/A) in cells with no direction in the as-built sheet?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chestertim

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back