Change Case

Jayden

Board Regular
I am just wondering if there is a way to change the font case in excel.

This is want I have. I have created a template for which sorts info supplied form a email. What I do is copy the entire email and past it into a spacific cell in a spreadsheet. Then the formulas that I have set up put the email into a better format. The problem is that not all the e-mails are the same case some have upper case and some are all lower. Is there a way that I can change them automaticly with excel instead of retyping them?

thanks

Hiya Ponsy, good catch in that it really should pop the error message when one does that. However, I just altered the line of code that read:
Code:
If r1 Is Nothing Then
to read
Code:
If r1 Is Nothing Or Intersect(r1, Selection) Is Nothing Then
and it fixed it. The bit later on:
Code:
If Not Intersect(r1, r2) Is Nothing Then
keeps it from expanding like that, so even though the macro didn't pop the error message, it did not alter the text in cells that were not selected. You did hit upon one of the bits that was a challenge to work around - the tendency of the SpecialCells function to want to expand if one only had one cell. Nice to see folks are keepin' me honest.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
Hi Ivan,

I like the copy code to clipboard button BTW, very considerate.

In addition to the item Ponsy mentions above, just a couple of thoughts: <ul>[*]You didn't check TypeName(Selection), so if Selection is a TextBox, for example, you get the old "End/Debug" box.[*]If one cell is selected and it's a merged cell, this will select all the cells on the WS that are text constants. While I was writing mine, merged cells were a pain in the neck. They're the reason behind my line If r2.Count > r1.Count Then Set r2 = r1 reading the way it does, instead of "> 1" [/list]I hope this post doesn't come off as rude. I only brought these up, should you ever be "under the hood" on that one and make some adjustments. In spite of a couple of flaws it's still a nice little utility (though I think I like mine a bit better 'cause I have it tied to a toolbar button and occasionally I use it on shapes and charts too).

Upvote 0
Guys ..... g8 thanks for Feedback.

Greg ... the Addin actually does handle the merged cells.
The code on the site needs to be updated to the Addin code, thanks ;)
It doesn't handle Textboxs etc by design, hence the OnError
just to handle these situ.

Ponsnob ..... thanks I'll amend didn't look @ single cell formulas as I would have summised a user would select a Text cell .... but this can happen.

thanks again

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sphere2215

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back