Changing an existing query into an Append query

Mr_Phil

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Hello, I have built the base file by gathering up all the data. Now I go into update/maintenance mode. I have the query that gets the data from a file. Can I modify that query to append now? At certain intervals I would like to run the query and have the new data appended to the existing tables that were created by ... that same query. If I refresh with new data it will overwrite the existing won't it? I'm still new to this in that I can follow most explanation but I qam not fluent in M just yet. So, any M coding needs little word please. Any pointers would be awesome. Thank you for looking btw :)

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
If you go into Table Design - Properties you can set what you want the table to do with the new data after you refresh it, the example below just has PQ inserting new data into the table, if i understood your question correctly
1698401087690.png

Upvote 1
Solution
I checked my tables and the properties are set with the first option checked. If I am parsing it right, next week when I pull in the matured October data ... it will refresh by adding the October data to the table and leaving the September data intact. Thank you for pointing that out. It appears to do what I need by default. But we w3ill know for sure next week. Thank you again.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back