Excel Power Query Refresh Does Not Update

legalhustler

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I am using Excel 365 and connected power query to a SQL server database. I do some simple transformations then load the data to the workbook, I also resize the table range by adding some additional columns to the end where I do some complex Excel formulas (which I do not know how to in Power Query). When I refresh the workbook by going to the Data tab> Refresh All the table does not get updated. However, when I open the query and filter the data I see the new record do exist but it does not get loaded to the workbook. The property settings of the query has a check next to "Refresh this connection on Refresh All" and even "Refresh data when opening file". The query does say "10,046 rows loaded"

Additionally, when I click the loaded table on my workbook I only see Table Design tab show, whereas I have separate query when I click that loaded table I see the Table Design and Query tab show. Why do I not see the Query tab show on my first table? Is it because I resized the table range and added my own formulas? Is this also causing the table not to refresh with latest data?

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
Have you tried to change the Load To... to "Only Create Connection" and then change it back to "Table"? I just experienced something this morning where the table loaded, but found its way disconnected from the query it loaded from.

Right click on the query that you are expecting to refresh
Select "Load to"
Select "Only Create Connection"
Click OK

Delete the previously loaded data, as this has been disconnected from any query.

Right click on the same query
Select "Load to"
Select "Table"
Point to the cell on the Existing Sheet you would like to load to
Click OK
Refreshed table will load, then re-add in your formulas

Upvote 0
Have you tried to change the Load To... to "Only Create Connection" and then change it back to "Table"? I just experienced something this morning where the table loaded, but found its way disconnected from the query it loaded from.

Right click on the query that you are expecting to refresh
Select "Load to"
Select "Only Create Connection"
Click OK

Delete the previously loaded data, as this has been disconnected from any query.

Right click on the same query
Select "Load to"
Select "Table"
Point to the cell on the Existing Sheet you would like to load to
Click OK
Refreshed table will load, then re-add in your formulas
Yeah that’s what I usually do when this happens but I don’t understand why the query breaks like this sporadically. The workbook is saved on SharePoint and other users say they don’t tamper with it

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Hughes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back