Chart Formatting code query

asgourlay

I have written the attached code for a chart of mint that will change the colo(u)r of the data point dependent whether the actual value is above the budget. The code works fine if I have a breakpoint in it and step through the code but the moment I remove the breakpoint a Mismatch error (13) stops the code finishing at the bolded point?

Any Ideas

R

Private Sub worksheet_calculate()
Dim CHT As Chart
Dim SER_A As Series
Dim SER_B As Series
Dim I As Integer
Dim VAL_ACT As Variant
Dim VAL_BUD As Variant

Set CHT = Worksheets("Sheet1").ChartObjects("Chart 1").Chart
Set SER_B = CHT.SeriesCollection(1) ' BUDGET
Set SER_A = CHT.SeriesCollection(2) ' ACTUAL
P = 2
For I = 1 To 8
VAL_ACT = ActiveSheet.Cells(I + 1, "D")
VAL_BUD = ActiveSheet.Cells(I + 1, "C")
If VAL_ACT > VAL_BUD Then
' ACT > BUD
SER_A.Points(I).Interior.ColorIndex = 50: Pattern = xlSolid
Else
' BUD > ACT
SER_A.Points(I).Interior.ColorIndex = 3: Pattern = xlSolid
End If
P = P + 1
Next I
End Sub

asgourlay

same problem

did as suggested but same problem. I have removed the dead variable 'P' and also changed the type of VAL_ACT & VAL_BUD to double as that was what was coming through on the Locals window but exactly the same Mismatch error at the same point, but again not if there is a breakpoint and I'm stepping through.

Wierd

R

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RockStar89

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• populate from drop list with multiple tables
    Hi All, i have a drop list that displays data, what i want is when i select one of those from the list to populate text from different tables on...
  • Find list of words from sheet2 in sheet1 before a comma and extract text vba
    Hi Friends, Trying to find the solution on my task. But did not find suitable one to the need. Here is my query and sample file with details...
  • Dynamic Formula entry - VBA code sought
    Hello, really hope one of you experts can help with this - i've spent hours on this and getting no-where. .I have a set of data (more rows than...
  • Listbox Header
    Have a named range called "AccidentsHeader" Within my code I have: [CODE]Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() ListBox1.RowSource =...
  • Complex Heat Map using conditional formatting
    Good day excel world. I have a concern. Below link have a list of countries that carries each country unique data. [URL...
  • Conditional formatting
    Hi good morning, hope you can help me please, I have cells P4:P54 and if this cell is equal to 1 then i want row O to say "Fully Utilised" and to...