Chart Help

jedilefty

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I'm having trouble creating a chart from a table similar to the one below. I need 2 Goal lines, one for the Internal Goal and the 2nd for the website Goal. If possible I'd like the bars to be green if the Actual Average is less than the Internal Goal, Yellow if between Internal Goal and Website Goal, and Red if greater than the Website Goal. I'm trying to get the Prior week as a Dot on the graph with a data label.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Finish TypeInternal GoalWebsite GoalActual AveragePrior Week
Type #1210515
Type #22151121
Type #32201026
Type #4220612

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
Mr Excel 8.xlsm
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNO
3Finish TypeInternal GoalWebsite GoalActual AveragePrior WeekRed AverageYellow AverageGreen Average
4Type #1310215002
5Type #231510210100
6Type #332015260150
7Type #432025122500
Sheet9
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
F4:F7F4=IF(D4>C4,D4,0)
G4:G7G4=IF(AND(D4>=B4,D4<=C4),D4,0)
H4:H7H4=IF(D4<B4,D4,0)

1676998803839.png

Upvote 0
I did not put the data label on the prior week dot. But you can add that. The prior week is an uncolored line with colored markers.

Upvote 0
you also may not need the secondary axis now. for some reason i needed it when i was building it.

Upvote 0
you also may not need the secondary axis now. for some reason i needed it when i was building it.
Thank you for your help on this. Can you please list the steps on how you built this chart?

Upvote 0
Thank you for your help on this. Can you please list the steps on how you built this chart?
I have attempted to build this chart and seem to almost have it completed. My struggle right now is to have the bars change color based on if they are either below the internal goal line, in between the internal and website goal and above the website goal.

Upvote 0
  1. Create the chart combo (line-column combo chart), only for your intial four series. (if you add all at once you may not be able to get the colored columns overtop of the AVERAGE column.
  2. Update the chart so that there are only 3 lines and 1 column (Actual Average).
  3. Edit the Actual Average Data series so that the overlap is 100%, and Gap is 100%.
  4. Make the additional columns for GREEN/YELLOW/RED. See the formulas above.
  5. Do steps 6,7,8 for each color average separately, (6,7,8 for green, 6,7,8 for yellow, 6,7,8 for red)
  6. Select data and add the additional data series and change overlap and gap both to 100% each time,
  7. Change the fill color according to your series desire
  8. Do either of these: select "no border color" or match the border color to your fill.
  9. Compare your lines and columns. make sure that the number scales are appropriate. If they are not, you may want to turn on "secondary" axis for the items that don't align with the left axis. Then makes the axis minimums and maximum values match. Then you can probably turn off secondary axis.
  10. Click the "Prior Week" line. besure your line markers are on, add marker labels, then select "no color" for the the line.
  11. Do what ever else you want to do.
  12. NOTE: If you want you may probably be okay with dropping the AVERAGE column from the chart. I did not do that, but this column is covered by the other three all the time.

Upvote 0
Solution
For clarification, in step 4, when I say create the columns... I mean the calculations in the data source table. The columns for the chart are created in subsequent steps.

Upvote 0
  1. Create the chart combo (line-column combo chart), only for your intial four series. (if you add all at once you may not be able to get the colored columns overtop of the AVERAGE column.
  2. Update the chart so that there are only 3 lines and 1 column (Actual Average).
  3. Edit the Actual Average Data series so that the overlap is 100%, and Gap is 100%.
  4. Make the additional columns for GREEN/YELLOW/RED. See the formulas above.
  5. Do steps 6,7,8 for each color average separately, (6,7,8 for green, 6,7,8 for yellow, 6,7,8 for red)
  6. Select data and add the additional data series and change overlap and gap both to 100% each time,
  7. Change the fill color according to your series desire
  8. Do either of these: select "no border color" or match the border color to your fill.
  9. Compare your lines and columns. make sure that the number scales are appropriate. If they are not, you may want to turn on "secondary" axis for the items that don't align with the left axis. Then makes the axis minimums and maximum values match. Then you can probably turn off secondary axis.
  10. Click the "Prior Week" line. besure your line markers are on, add marker labels, then select "no color" for the the line.
  11. Do what ever else you want to do.
  12. NOTE: If you want you may probably be okay with dropping the AVERAGE column from the chart. I did not do that, but this column is covered by the other three all the time.
Thank you for your help! The charts turned out pretty nice!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back