Chart not ignoring error values/blanks in XL2007

meami111

:confused:Hi, would be thankful if you can let me know how a chart will ignore the error values. I have a chart based on data range from A2:E12. The column headings are Month, Salesperson, Product, Quantity and Value. As per formula given, the data for these cells can either be a number, error or blank. When I make a bar chart based on this data range, I find #NA or blank featuring in the horizontal axis. How to build a chart which will ignore the error/blank values?

Hi, thank you for the video, it is very informative. But I have 1 question, I would like to take this a step further. I have used this method above to help create dynamic ranges in what I call my "template worksheet". I am than running a macro to create additional worksheets from that template and produce several plots using different dynamic data. Where I run into the problem is on the graphs. Excel is creating additional names in the name manager, and the scope seems correct; but the graphs are not producing dynamic range results. Any tips? 

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
I can't watch Mike's video with sound right now but does it cover a case where your chart area is determined by a formula? More specifically where the size of the data area will vary, say you have three products and they are presented in the columns and you want to see it from the point of vierw of customers.
Now the number of customers can vary depending on the formula. So in some cases the data table will contain three customers and in another four.
It's easy enough to build a table based on formulas but when the table only contains three customers the chart still looks like it has four, but there is a large blank as one whole row of the data table is blank.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back