Chart time min, max, major minor

SandsB

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I'm doing a lot of charts based on times and I want the Maximums to be uniform more or less. 5 minutes, 1 hour, 12 hours, 48 hours And I want the major units to be standard, so on a chart that maxes out at 5 minutes the major unit might be 1 minute or 30 seconds. A chart with a max of 48 hours might have a major unit of 2 hours (or 4 hours if I need it to be larger to fit on the chart). What I get for defaults are things like major units of 3 minutes and 12 seconds or 1 hour and 48 minutes.

I know how to do some of what I want but not all of it. An example is a chart with a max of 48 hours. Max is set at 2 (48 hours) and major is set at .33333333 which is 8 hours. Min is set at .025 but if change it to .33333333 (same as major) there's no difference. For this particular chart I want an interval of 4 hours so I thought I'd set major to half of .333333333 or .166666667. That cuts my intervals down to 4 hours but makes my chart peak at 44 hours instead of 48.

Is there a table somewhere online I could use as a reference for all the possible time combinations or maybe an explanation on how to get what I want whatever the number combinations are?

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
don't really need a table, just create a sheet, in one column add 00:05, the next 00:10 slect and drag down, then reference the cell and format as decimal number. the issue with max 48 as 2, maybe you can add a tiny decimal to 2.000000001 and just force it to the top for display

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PurplePlop

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back