Charts Not Updating

uk747

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi I have basic data below in Cells B2:C6 but when i change the data nothing happens. Even if I converted the data to a table same thing happens

I highlight B2:C6(HEadings in Row2), Insert Recommended Chart (Clustered Column)

When I select the Chart and then Chart Design Switch Row/Column is greyed out and if I select Select Data nothing happens

regionrevenue
north
123​
south
12​
east
567​
west
298​

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
When I create a chart with your data, I don't have the issues you describe.
The only thing that I can think of is maybe you have automatic calculation turned off. But, I don't see how that affects how the SELECT DATA dialog is grayed out as you describe. Could you make a screen shot of the SELECT DATA DIALOG and the chart, and also show the data range on the worksheet, like this:

(also, show any formulas you have for your revenue column).
1707920085758.png

Upvote 0
Tried to paste screenshot and even upload image but said 'oops we ran into some problems'

There aren't any formulas in the revenue just random values I entered

I just highlight the Data i.e. in yours A1:B5 > Insert Recommended Chart > This shows clustered Column which I Selected

Under Chart design, Switch Rows/Columns is greyed out and when I Click on Select Data nothing happens

Weird thing is if i Select A1:B5 > Insert Recommended Charts > Select ALL Charts and manually and then select a Clustered column which looks identical to the Recommended one it inserted I get the Option to Select Data which looks identical to your image.

Maybe some issue with Recommended Chart on PC

Upvote 0
Okay, well. It seems you have a way to get a chart that you can update. So, that is good. If you're in an office, I'd suggest a help ticket for your excel. You may have other underlying problems.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back