Populate ComboBox2 using value in ComboBox1 like populating a SUMIF with a lookup value

MrBigglesworth

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All,

I apologise if the answer is already here in the forums but i've struggled to even find the words to search for the correct answers.

So, my example data is a list of locations in the UK and next to each one is the region they belong to. So Column A, list of locations and Column B is the region those locations below to.

What i would like to achieve is to be able to have a fixed list of regions in ComboBox1 and when i select 'North East' from ComboBox1, the ComboBox2 dropdown list is populate with only the locations that belong to that region.

So for example, i select North East from ComboBox1 and the list in ComboBox1 reads Alnmouth, Amble, Ashington, Durham, Newcastle. If i chose North West it would pick out Carlisle, Penrith, Sedbergh, Orton to at the list items as they have 'North West' next to them in column B.

I can only describe it as paying attention to Column B and returning the values of Column A much like a SUMIF would only calculate items in column A based on matching criteria in column B

In practice, the locations per Region would be several hundred in case that impacts anything in terms of combobox rangefill limitations.

Many thanks for any advice given
Mr B

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bes000

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back