Checkbox Control - Protected Cell Message

cpolley

I've put two checkbox controls (bound to cells on the spreadsheet) on a protected worksheet and the code works fine. But when I select/deselect the checkboxes, I first get a message that the cell or chart I'm trying to change is protected and therefore read-only. I click OK and the code continues to run fine.

I've tried unlocking the cell beneath the controls (this is not the cell to which it is bound)--this makes no difference. My code unlocks the spreadsheet before changing values of the bound cells and that works fine.

I tried unlocking the bound cells. While I don't get the error message, I get strange behavior with my controls. One control works fine (it's running code that does a lot of things including selecting and disabling the control). But the other one, which just changes the value of its bound cell, does not change the checkbox dixplay (it remains checked, which is its initial setting).

This seems like something out of "Excel Controls 101", but I can't find anything about how to fix this. I've since seen posts about using the cell beneath my control for the bound cell, but I'm not sure that would make a difference.

Any help/direction would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennimack

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back