Checking Active Cell Input

Flapjack

Board Regular
I would like to write some code that does the following:

I have a column where the user enters part numbers. Whenever someone enters one part number in particular, I want a dialog box to pop up and have them select from three options. Based on the option they choose, a corresponding part number will then be automatically inserted in that column in the very next row.

I'm new at this, so sorry if this is a basic question, but how do I do an If/Then check on the active cell whenever something is entered? In other words, I am not manually running a macro to check the range of cells. I want it to automatically check the users input and then run the macro if the part number they enter matches a number.

Thanks!

Oaktree

MrExcel MVP
Try a worksheet_change event.

Right click on the tab of the input sheet, select "view code", and put something like:

Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
If Target = "my part" Then 'rest of code
End Sub

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HDavid21

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• Problem with Radio Button's format control
    I am creating an employee evaluation template (a sample is below) Column A is the category Column B, C D, E and F will be ratings (unacceptable...
  • Last Display on userform to a Listbox
    [CODE=vba] lstdisplay.ColumnCount = 15 lstdisplay.RowSource = "A1:O600000" [/CODE] So when i do this it Displays everything on the sheet i am...
  • Rename and move files to a new location
    Dear all, I have an excel file with the following information. The actual file name is at column A but i want to rename it using the following...
  • Help with True/False Formula
    Hello! Am stumped how to fix this formula, in which my result returns 'True', but it should return False. =IF(AG2=True...
  • Clear extra characters from a provided range of cells
    Dear All, I have following code which gives me desired output to remove extra characters from a provided range. But it takes too much time when...
  • Help with Current and highest streaks
    Hi there, I've just joined the forum and this is my first post. I've already spent quite a bit of time searching the net and this forum for a...