Circular reference problem

northender

I have a large workbook with 23 sheets in total all working towards the last sheet, which tells me what to order. The problem I have is as laid out below. Row 31 obtains a weekly forecast of equipment to be issued. Row 32 obtains a weekly quantity that is being returned refurbished. Row 33 returns a quantity being returned as good to use. Row 34 is any other influence for that weeks issue. Row 35 is where all the calculation is carried out. It looks at the columns week number (row 30) and checks it against the actual week. If this is equal it then returns the value for the on hand stock level, - the forecast + refurb + gtu + other + any quantity in the PO line ( row 37) but from two weeks previous (the lead-time). The next column takes that on hand qty and carries out the same calculation. I currently have to put a formula in row 27 to subtract the finishing stock level form a maximum stock level to create the amount required to be ordered that week and then copy this manually down to the PO line to avoid the circular reference. This has to be done for each week across the sheet and then 21 times for different regions and then for 8 different items. Is there a way to write this into the formula without causing the circular reference?

edit: table code removed as messing with post

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
You problem is a little hard to visualize from all the text in your question. Maybe if you post all the formulas involved, we can see exactly what is going on, and may be able to help.

Upvote 0
This is the forumla from H35 ( onhand week 40 )

=IF(H30<=$B$1,(HLOOKUP(H30&"GTU",'Good Onhand actuals'!$B$4:$EI$26,23,FALSE)+HLOOKUP(H30&"Intran",'Good Onhand actuals'!$B$4:$EI$26,23,FALSE))+F37-H31+H32+H33+H34,G35-H31+H32+H33+F37+H34)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
indiansth

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back