Co-authored or shared with M365 or One Drive?

SandsB

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a file that about 15 people need to access. Right now, we all copy records assigned to us each day and put them in our own individual files. I want to use a shared file that we can all access simultaneously but I'm not sure of the best options. We all have access to a shared network drive where we keep our files now but we also have Microsoft Teams and One Drive.
Where should I save the shared file so the each of us can run macros contained in the file? Right now, each person runs the same macros in their own individual files to display things for just the records that show their userid in the record. So in the shared file, if I run a macro that displays just my records and adds a column to show record age but then another person does the same thing what happens if they run the same macro? Can You even have macros in a file shared in each location? Are there other issues I should consider?

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bes000

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back