Code Changes Not Taking Effect / Breakpoints Not Hit

vthokienj

Board Regular
I have been noticing over the past several days that changes in my code are not taking effect when implemented. When I try to put breakpoints in to find out why, those breakpoints are not being hit either.

There is no chance that I am mistaken and something else in the program is causing this behavior. This occurs in many places. For example, I have a simple for loop 1 to 10 that outputs 10 columns of data. If I change the 10 to a 5, only 5 columns would draw. But when I change back to the 10, 5 columns still draw.

I can sometimes close Excel and reopen, and the same thing is occuring. It seems almost random when it will decide to go back to using the 10. And putting the breakpoint to see the count variable will not be hit, yet the code is clearly executing as the output displays.

Is there something that could explain this behavior? I have been working with this program for many months so I am quite familiar with it which is why I am sure it is not something in another part of the code causing this.

Thanks for any help.

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
That does sound strange.

If the code isn't hitting the breakpoints that you expect it to hit, perhaps stepping through the code using F8 will show you where it's going instead.

You've probably already considered these, but here's some possibilities that come to mind....
1. An error handler is causing your code to skip unexpectedly but it appears to process normally.

2. Similarly named functions in the same project- maybe one with Private Keyword and one with Public.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcschafer209

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back