Code To Move From Vertical To Horizontal?

Dazzawm

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have sheet 1 as laid out below. Column A will have a list of numbers the same (then they change) with different numbers next to them. I need them to be put on sheet 2 with the numbers in column B next to them with a slash and a gap added, rather than in a list, like the result in sheet 2 and the same when the number in A changes and so on.... Thanks

Before Code

Excel 2010
AB
8MS00146531222
9MS00160811067
10MS00160814507
11MS001500309838
12MS0019609992380
13MS001377 906 309C
14MS00260811534
15MS00216137039
16MS0025234313
17MS00233000153

<tbody>
</tbody>
Sheet1

After Code

Excel 2010
AB
2MS00146531222/ 60811067/ 60814507/ 500309838/ 9609992380/ 377 906 309C
3MS00260811534/ 16137039/ 5234313/ 33000153

<tbody>
</tbody>
Sheet2

Last edited:
Thanks you Adam, Mick, Hiker & Doc for all your input.

.. You are welcome........

...Btw... I tried your data. ..... My code is a bit messy and did not like having no data.... So I had to do a quick mod (shown in Red here):

Code:
Option ExplicitSub ConcatenateData()
' Scripting a Runtime "Dictionary" Here just a convinient quick way to assign a unique item MS___ to a unique key 1 2 3 etc.
'--requires library reference to MS Scripting Runtime (Early Binding)
'        Tools>>References>>scroll down and check the box next to Microsoft Scripting Runtime
'  ..Or crashes at next line.....
' Dim dicLookupTable As Scripting.Dictionary 'Data held with a unique "Key" or Part Number.
' Set dicLookupTable = New Scripting.Dictionary
' The next two lines are an alternative called Late binding.
Dim dicLookupTable As Object
Set dicLookupTable = CreateObject("Scripting.Dictionary") 'a place to store MS001,MS002 etc. as unique items with a "key" 1, 2 etc.

Dim wks1 As Worksheet, wks2 As Worksheet ' Give Abbreviations all properties and method of Object Worksheet
Set wks1 = Worksheets("Sheet1")
Set wks2 = Worksheets("Sheet2")

Let dicLookupTable.CompareMode = vbTextCompare
Dim Inary() As Variant, Oaray() As Variant 'Input and Output arrays there values can be Variant type: anything (within reason)
Dim ConcanString As String 'Each line to go in column 2 of output
Dim i As Long, ORow As Long ' number for Row count, Output Row Number
Dim LDRow As Long 'last Input Data Row
LDRow = wks1.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row 'Find last row column 1, set by the C's
Inary = wks1.Range(wks1.Cells(1, 1), wks1.Cells(LDRow, 2)).Value  ' "Capture" Input data in an array in one go
ReDim Oaray(1 To UBound(Inary, 1), 1 To UBound(Inary, 2)) 'Output Array is much too big.. as big as if only unique values in column 1

For i = 1 To UBound(Inary, 1)  'Going along the rows to upper bound of Input array row
      If dicLookupTable.Exists(Inary(i, 1)) Then 'If we have already made an entry at this point in the dictionary so - want to concatenate.
         ConcanString = ConcanString & Inary(i, 2) & " / "
         Oaray(ORow, 2) = ConcanString
      Else 'Assign a new unique value
        ORow = ORow + 1 'New Row for Output
        dicLookupTable.Item((Inary(i, 1))) = ORow 'Put an item in the dictionary the item is in the (), j is the count or unique "key"
        Oaray(ORow, 1) = Inary(i, 1) 'Put unique row number in first colum of output array
        ConcanString = Inary(i, 2) & " / " 'First concantanated number for this unique row
      End If
  Next i

Let wks2.Cells(1, 1).Resize(UBound(Oaray, 1), UBound(Oaray, 2)).Value = Oaray 'Resize Output Range to otput array and make it equal to output Array
wks2.Columns(2).Resize(, UBound(Oaray, 2)).AutoFit
  For i = 1 To wks2.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row ' For Output Rows
[COLOR=#ff0000]    If wks2.Cells(i, 2).Value <> "" Then[/COLOR]
      Let wks2.Cells(i, 2).Value = Left(wks2.Cells(i, 2).Value, Len(wks2.Cells(i, 2).Value) - 3) 'Strip off last /
[COLOR=#ff0000]    Else ' Do not do the Left Function on an empty cell![/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]    End If[/COLOR]
  Next i
End Sub 'ConcatenateData()

... Then it works...

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
Dazzawm,

Thanks for the feedback.

You are very welcome. Glad we could help.

And, come back anytime.

MickG,

Thanks for the explanation, and, the macro code - a definite one for my archives - thanks again.

Upvote 0
MickG,.........
Thanks for the explanation, and, the macro code - a definite one for my archives - thanks again.

Mick, Hiker,
Thanks guys from me too. As allways learnt a lot from the Profi's again. If only one day I cando it so quick and professional like that!
. ...my attempt was based on wot I learnt from a recent hiker code!

Upvote 0
DocAElstein,

Thanks for the feedback.

You are very welcome. Glad we could help.

And, come back anytime.

Upvote 0
Hi Dazzawm.

……….
. Another Code:

Code:
Option Explicit
[color=darkblue]Sub[/color] ConcatenateData2()
 Application.ScreenUpdating = [color=darkblue]False[/color] [color=green]'Not necerssary but speeds things up a bit, by turning screen updating off.[/color]
 [color=darkblue]On[/color] [color=darkblue]Error[/color] [color=darkblue]GoTo[/color] TheEnd [color=green]'If anything goes wrong go to the End instead of crashing.[/color]
 [color=darkblue]Dim[/color] wks1 [color=darkblue]As[/color] Worksheet, wks2 [color=darkblue]As[/color] Worksheet [color=green]' Give Abbreviations[/color]
 [color=darkblue]Set[/color] wks1 = Worksheets("sheet1") [color=green]'then give all properties and method[/color]
 [color=darkblue]Set[/color] wks2 = Worksheets("sheet2") [color=green]'of Object Worksheet to them via .dot thing[/color]
 [color=darkblue]Dim[/color] Data1Row [color=darkblue]As[/color] [color=darkblue]Long[/color], LastData1Row [color=darkblue]As[/color] [color=darkblue]Long[/color] [color=green]'Data1 Row Number, Last Data Row in wks1. long is a Big whole Number limit (-2,147,483,648 to 2,147,483,647)[/color]
 [color=darkblue]Dim[/color] OutputDataRow [color=darkblue]As[/color] [color=darkblue]Long[/color] [color=green]'Output Data Row[/color]
 [color=darkblue]Let[/color] OutputDataRow = 2 [color=green]'Start puting Output data in second Row[/color]
 [color=darkblue]Dim[/color] ConcanString [color=darkblue]As[/color] String [color=green]'Each line of concatenated Data 2to go in column 2 of output[/color]

[color=green]'--------Make tempory sheet with unique values from Column A (Data1)[/color]
 [color=darkblue]Let[/color] Worksheets.Add(After:=wks1).Name = "Unique1" [color=green]'Add a Worksheet after the first, named Unique1 for now[/color]

[color=darkblue]Let[/color] LastData1Row = wks1.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
 wks1.Range("A1:A" & LastData1Row).AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterCopy, CopyToRange:=Sheets("Unique1").Range("A1"), Unique:=[color=darkblue]True[/color] [color=green]'Copies only unique A Column (Data1) to first column in Tempory made "Unique1" sheet, The important bit is Unique:=True - that only copies unique bits[/color]
[color=green]'---------------------[/color]

[color=darkblue]Dim[/color] LastUnqRow [color=darkblue]As[/color] [color=darkblue]Long[/color], UqeRow [color=darkblue]As[/color] [color=darkblue]Long[/color] [color=green]'Rows in Tempory Unique Sheet. long is a Big whole Number limit (-2,147,483,648 to 2,147,483,647)[/color]
[color=darkblue]Let[/color] LastUnqRow = Worksheets("Unique1").Cells.Find(What:="*", After:=Worksheets("Unique1").Cells(1, 1), Lookat:=xlPart, LookIn:=xlFormulas, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).Row [color=green]'Get last Unique Row for use in next loop. method: You starta at first cell then go backwards (which effectively starts at end of sheet. This allows for different excel versions with different available Row numbers)[/color]
  [color=darkblue]For[/color] UqeRow = 2 [color=darkblue]To[/color] LastUnqRow [color=green]'Take each unique Data 1[/color]

[color=darkblue]For[/color] Data1Row = 2 [color=darkblue]To[/color] LastData1Row [color=green]'go along each data row[/color]
      [color=darkblue]If[/color] wks1.Cells(Data1Row, 1).Value = Worksheets("Unique1").Cells(UqeRow, 1).Value [color=darkblue]Then[/color] [color=green]'We have amatch in Data1 to a unique Data name..[/color]
      [color=darkblue]Let[/color] ConcanString = ConcanString & wks1.Cells(Data1Row, 2).Value & " / " [color=green]'...So include that in the concatenated string and a " / "[/color]
      wks2.Cells(OutputDataRow, 1).Value = Worksheets("Unique1").Cells(UqeRow, 1).Value
      wks2.Cells(OutputDataRow, 2).Value = ConcanString
      [color=darkblue]Else[/color] [color=green]'No match so do nothing[/color]
      [color=darkblue]End[/color] [color=darkblue]If[/color]
    [color=darkblue]Next[/color] Data1Row

[color=darkblue]Let[/color] ConcanString = "" [color=green]'After all matches are found, Empty Concanstring of last matched and concastenated Data2 and...[/color]
      [color=darkblue]If[/color] wks2.Cells(OutputDataRow, 2).Value <> "" [color=darkblue]Then[/color] [color=green]'Assuming Data has been found...[/color]
      [color=darkblue]Let[/color] wks2.Cells(OutputDataRow, 2).Value = Left(wks2.Cells(OutputDataRow, 2).Value, Len(wks2.Cells(OutputDataRow, 2).Value) - 3) [color=green]'Strip off last /.....[/color]
      [color=darkblue]Else[/color] [color=green]' Do not do the Left Function on an empty cell![/color]
      [color=darkblue]End[/color] [color=darkblue]If[/color]
    [color=darkblue]Let[/color] OutputDataRow = OutputDataRow + 1 [color=green]'.... reset the next output row[/color]

[color=darkblue]Next[/color] UqeRow

wks1.AutoFilterMode = [color=darkblue]False[/color] [color=green]'Need to reset this (I think?)[/color]
Application.DisplayAlerts = [color=darkblue]False[/color] [color=green]'Prevent being asked if you really want to delete Temporary Unique sheet[/color]
Sheets("Unique1").Delete [color=green]' delete the filtered Data name sheet as you do not need it any more[/color]
Application.DisplayAlerts = [color=darkblue]True[/color]
Application.ScreenUpdating = [color=darkblue]True[/color] [color=green]'Turn screen "back on" or screen is "dead"[/color]
[color=darkblue]Exit[/color] [color=darkblue]Sub[/color] [color=green]'We stop code here assuming it worked (or at least did not crash!)[/color]
TheEnd: [color=green]'Come here if error[/color]
wks1.AutoFilterMode = [color=darkblue]False[/color]
Application.ScreenUpdating = [color=darkblue]True[/color] [color=green]'Important to do this here so if anything goes wron then the screen updating is turned back on, ohterwisee the screen is dead[/color]
MsgBox (Err.Description) [color=green]'Print out error message in Message Box[/color]
[color=darkblue]End[/color] [color=darkblue]Sub[/color]

… works as well. Different method: Makes a temporary sheet with unique Data1 in it; compares with the whole List for a match; Concatenates as before all matches in Data 2 in second output Column.

. Has the disadvantage that for lots of data it probably takes a bit longer. But it is an alternative, bit simpler to understand Method.

Alan
P.s. Simplified “Monochrome” version of code:

Code:
Sub ConcatenateData2b()

Dim wks1 As Worksheet, wks2 As Worksheet
 Set wks1 = Worksheets("sheet1")
 Set wks2 = Worksheets("sheet2")

Let OutputDataRow = 2
 Let Worksheets.Add(After:=wks1).Name = "Unique1"

wks1.Range("A1:A" & wks1.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row).AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterCopy, CopyToRange:=Sheets("Unique1").Range("A1"), Unique:=True

For UqeRow = 2 To Worksheets("Unique1").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row

For Data1Row = 2 To wks1.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
      If wks1.Cells(Data1Row, 1).Value = Worksheets("Unique1").Cells(UqeRow, 1).Value Then
      wks2.Cells(OutputDataRow, 1).Value = Worksheets("Unique1").Cells(UqeRow, 1).Value
      wks2.Cells(OutputDataRow, 2).Value = wks2.Cells(OutputDataRow, 2).Value + wks1.Cells(Data1Row, 2).Value & " / "
      Else
      End If
    Next Data1Row

If wks2.Cells(OutputDataRow, 2).Value <> "" Then
      Let wks2.Cells(OutputDataRow, 2).Value = Left(wks2.Cells(OutputDataRow, 2).Value, Len(wks2.Cells(OutputDataRow, 2).Value) - 3)
      Else
      End If
    Let OutputDataRow = OutputDataRow + 1

Next UqeRow

wks1.AutoFilterMode = False
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
Sheets("Unique1").Delete
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
End Sub

…………………………………………………………..

P.s.2.

. If you change the code to comment out the bits that delete the tempory Unique sheet, like this….

Code:
[color=green]'Application.DisplayAlerts = False[/color]
[color=green]'Sheets("Unique1").Delete[/color]
[color=green]'Application.DisplayAlerts = True[/color]

…….. then you can apply adam087’s Function to that list of unique Data 1 values to get this sort of output:

Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
B2=GROUPON(A2,sheet1!$A$2:$B$523,2,"/")
B3=GROUPON(A3,sheet1!$A$2:$B$523,2,"/")
B4=GROUPON(A4,sheet1!$A$2:$B$523,2,"/")
B5=GROUPON(A5,sheet1!$A$2:$B$523,2,"/")

……….. so jet another alternative!

(……….Adam087 I expect could somehow include in his formula the bit to get at the unique values …

. So for example instead of
=GROUPON(A2,sheet1!$A$2:$B$523,2,"/")
…… something like
=GROUPON(SOMETHING_HERE_TO_GET_AT_THE_NEXT_UNIQUE_VALUE,sheet1!$A$2:$B$523,2,"/")

But That “SOMETHING_HERE_TO_GET_AT_THE_NEXT_UNIQUE_VALUE” is a number too high for me……)

Upvote 0
Copy the code in to a module in your workbook:............

Now you can use the function =GROUPON in your worksheet as shown.
=GROUPON(group_key, table_array, col_index_num, [delim])[/code]

Thanks Adam.
Nice Function. Works great
Alan Elston

Upvote 0
Hi Again.

Hi Dazzawm

I've got a UDF I use for this kind of scenario. It should help you out.

……………………….

Thanks for your help but it’s going totally over my head.……… I need an idiot proof macro where I run it and it does it all for me!!!

. hows about anuver Method Then…. A VBA code that adds a sheet (called AdamFormula), puts in the unique Data 1 values in column A, then puts in Adam’s formula alongside in Column B…
. If You copy all the following codes (complete) in one go and paste it in a module in your File with the data in sheet 1, then run it it should give you this new sheet…

Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
B2=GROUPON(A2,sheet1!$A$2:$B$523,2," / ")
B3=GROUPON(A3,sheet1!$A$2:$B$523,2," / ")
B4=GROUPON(A4,sheet1!$A$2:$B$523,2," / ")
B5=GROUPON(A5,sheet1!$A$2:$B$523,2," / ")
B6=GROUPON(A6,sheet1!$A$2:$B$523,2," / ")
B7=GROUPON(A7,sheet1!$A$2:$B$523,2," / ")

………

The Code (there are 2 VBA .Formula versions there – both work, you only need one but I left them both in)

Code:
[color=darkblue]Option[/color] [color=darkblue]Explicit[/color]
[color=darkblue]Option[/color] [color=darkblue]Compare[/color] [color=darkblue]Text[/color]
[color=darkblue]Sub[/color] adam087FormularPutInWithVBAInNewsheetMethod()

[color=darkblue]Dim[/color] wkstLkUp [color=darkblue]As[/color] Worksheet [color=green]'Sheet 1 effectivelly ..[/color]
[color=darkblue]Set[/color] wkstLkUp = Worksheets("Sheet1") [color=green]'....is the Look Up Table[/color]
[color=darkblue]Dim[/color] LastData1 [color=darkblue]As[/color] [color=darkblue]Long[/color] [color=green]'Last Data 1 Row in Data sheet (sheet 1)[/color]
[color=darkblue]Let[/color] LastData1 = wkstLkUp.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
[color=darkblue]Dim[/color] rngLkUp [color=darkblue]As[/color] Range [color=green]'look Up Range[/color]
[color=darkblue]Set[/color] rngLkUp = wkstLkUp.Range("A2:B" & LastData1)

[color=darkblue]Let[/color] Worksheets.Add(After:=wkstLkUp).Name = "AdamFormula"

wkstLkUp.Range("A2:A" & wkstLkUp.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row).AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterCopy, CopyToRange:=Sheets("AdamFormula").Range("A1"), Unique:=[color=darkblue]True[/color]
[color=darkblue]Dim[/color] wkstUqe [color=darkblue]As[/color] Worksheet
[color=darkblue]Set[/color] wkstUqe = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("AdamFormula") [color=green]'Unique Data1 values sheet in main File[/color]
[color=darkblue]Dim[/color] rngData1Uqe [color=darkblue]As[/color] Range [color=green]' Unique Data 1 Column Values[/color]
[color=darkblue]Dim[/color] LastData1Uqe [color=darkblue]As[/color] [color=darkblue]Long[/color] [color=green]'Last Unique Data 1[/color]
[color=darkblue]Let[/color] LastData1Uqe = wkstUqe.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
[color=darkblue]Set[/color] rngData1Uqe = wkstUqe.Range("A2:A" & LastData1Uqe)

[color=darkblue]Dim[/color] rngBB [color=darkblue]As[/color] Range [color=green]'Abritrary chosen Column to put the adam Formual in using VBA to compare with Workshhet formula typed in Column B in Unique Data Sheet[/color]
  [color=darkblue]Set[/color] rngBB = wkstUqe.Range("B2:B" & LastData1Uqe) [color=green]'Chose Column B[/color]
  [color=darkblue]With[/color] rngBB
   [color=green]'#####  Worksheet Formula From adam    =GROUPON(A2;sheet1!$A$2:$B$523;2;"/")   ######[/color]
   .FormulaR1C1 = "=GROUPON(R[0]C[-1]," & rngLkUp.Address(ReferenceStyle:=xlR1C1, External:=True) & ",2,"" / "")"

.Formula = "=GROUPON(" & rngData1Uqe(1, 1).Address(0, 0) & "," & rngLkUp.Address(External:=True) & ",2,"" / "")"

[color=green]'.Value = .Value 'Removes Formula(Puts value in)[/color]
   [color=green]'.Replace What:=0, Replacement:="", LookAt:=xlWhole, SearchFormat:=False 'Get rid of zeros[/color]
 [color=darkblue]End[/color] [color=darkblue]With[/color]
    Worksheets("AdamFormula").Range("A1:B1").Value = Array("UniqueData1", "Concatenated Stuff") [color=green]'Put the headings in row 1. Good to do it here as often filtering stuff puts wot you do not want in the first row)[/color]
[color=darkblue]End[/color] [color=darkblue]Sub[/color] [color=green]'adam087FormularPut[color=darkblue]In[/color]WithVBA()[/color]

[color=darkblue]Public[/color] [color=darkblue]Function[/color] GROUPON(group_key [color=darkblue]As[/color] [color=darkblue]Variant[/color], table_array [color=darkblue]As[/color] Range, col_index_num [color=darkblue]As[/color] [color=darkblue]Long[/color], [color=darkblue]Optional[/color] delim [color=darkblue]As[/color] [color=darkblue]String[/color] = " ")

Application.Volatile

[color=darkblue]Dim[/color] s               [color=darkblue]As[/color] [color=darkblue]String[/color]
    [color=darkblue]Dim[/color] cell            [color=darkblue]As[/color] Range
    [color=darkblue]Dim[/color] rangeToCheck    [color=darkblue]As[/color] Range

[color=darkblue]With[/color] table_array
        [color=darkblue]Set[/color] rangeToCheck = .Range(.Cells(1, 1), .Cells(.Rows.Count, 1))
    [color=darkblue]End[/color] [color=darkblue]With[/color]

[color=darkblue]For[/color] [color=darkblue]Each[/color] cell In rangeToCheck
        [color=darkblue]If[/color] cell.Value = group_key [color=darkblue]Then[/color] s = s & cell.Offset(0, col_index_num - 1).Value & delim
    [color=darkblue]Next[/color] cell

[color=darkblue]If[/color] Len(s) > 0 [color=darkblue]Then[/color] s = Left(s, Len(s) - Len(delim))
    GROUPON = s

[color=darkblue]End[/color] [color=darkblue]Function[/color]

Alan

P.s. Here is a link to the returned data File, mainly for my benefit as I find my Files sometimes easier to find here than in my chaotic Computer system at home!!
XL 2007 data.xlsm:
https://app.box.com/s/wkqnemkj40do3yfv7z0k
XL 2003 data.xls:
https://app.box.com/s/l5pjkvv70ko5t4mt59aj

Just remember if you play around with the macros.. Always make a back up copy of the file just before you run any Macro, as any changes done by a macro cannot be reversed as you can normal spreadsheet stuff.

Upvote 0
Here's another possibility...

Code:
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
    Dim x, y, Z, cnt As Long, i As Long, kk As Long
    x = Range("A1").CurrentRegion
    With CreateObject("scripting.dictionary")
        For j = LBound(x) To UBound(x)
            x0 = .Item(x(j, 1))
        Next
        Z = .keys
        ReDim y(1 To .Count, 1 To 2)
    End With
    cnt = 1
    For i = LBound(Z) To UBound(Z)
        y(i + 1, 1) = Z(i)
        kk = UBound(Filter(Application.Transpose(Application.Index(x, 0, 1)), Z(i), True, 1))
        y(i + 1, 2) = Join(Application.Index(x, Application.Transpose(Evaluate("row(" & cnt & ":" & cnt + kk & ")")), Application.Transpose([row(2:2)])), "/ ")
        cnt = cnt + kk + 1
    Next i
    Range("D1").Resize(UBound(y), 2).Value = y
End Sub

<b>Sheet1</b><br /><br /><table border="1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" style="font-family:Calibri,Arial; font-size:11pt; background-color:#ffffff; padding-left:2pt; padding-right:2pt; "> <colgroup><col style="font-weight:bold; width:30px; " /><col style="width:64px;" /><col style="width:84px;" /><col style="width:64px;" /><col style="width:66px;" /><col style="width:470px;" /></colgroup><tr style="background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; font-weight:bold; font-size:8pt; "><td > </td><td >A</td><td >B</td><td >C</td><td >D</td><td >E</td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >1</td><td >MS001</td><td style="text-align:right; ">46531222</td><td > </td><td >MS001</td><td >46531222/ 60811067/ 60814507/ 500309838/ 9609992380/ 377 906 309C</td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >2</td><td >MS001</td><td style="text-align:right; ">60811067</td><td > </td><td >MS002</td><td >60811534/ 16137039/ 5234313/ 33000153</td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >3</td><td >MS001</td><td style="text-align:right; ">60814507</td><td > </td><td >MS003</td><td >423423/ 6453643/ 2432/ 76574585/ 3453/ 22</td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >4</td><td >MS001</td><td style="text-align:right; ">500309838</td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >5</td><td >MS001</td><td style="text-align:right; ">9609992380</td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >6</td><td >MS001</td><td >377 906 309C</td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >7</td><td >MS002</td><td style="text-align:right; ">60811534</td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >8</td><td >MS002</td><td style="text-align:right; ">16137039</td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >9</td><td >MS002</td><td style="text-align:right; ">5234313</td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >10</td><td >MS002</td><td style="text-align:right; ">33000153</td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >11</td><td >MS003</td><td style="text-align:right; ">423423</td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >12</td><td >MS003</td><td style="text-align:right; ">6453643</td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >13</td><td >MS003</td><td style="text-align:right; ">2432</td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >14</td><td >MS003</td><td style="text-align:right; ">76574585</td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >15</td><td >MS003</td><td style="text-align:right; ">3453</td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >16</td><td >MS003</td><td style="text-align:right; ">22</td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td></tr></table> <br />Excel tables to the web - Excel Jeanie Html 4

Upvote 0
Here's another possibility...

Hey apo,
Thanks that you added a nuver Code. I find it great when I am learning to have so many different ways of doing the same thing.
. I am still amazed (and somewot overwhelmed sometimes), how much can be squeezed into one line using the “dot” “OOP” programming techniques.
. Have the code up and running with the full data (just using it as a normal sub rather than Button thing). Works great by me with results similar to wot you showed. Have a feeling this one is going to take a considerable amount of time and brain ache for me to go through and understand later. But that is how I learn the most.
. Just at a very first glance I see you are extensively using VBA Application Transpose. I note that MickG in #17 gave a new code, as his original in #9 he thought might not work because of Transpose? Also I could only get hiker’s code (#13) to work on a small amount of the sample data and he is also using the Application Transpose? But you may be using it differently. Maybe it will become clear when I try to get my head down on the Code Later Today or Tomorrow.
. In the meantime I think we have a great selection of codes to get a vertical list with Duplicate names / (keys!) consolidated unique keys with entries concatenated in one cell. And thanks from me for another code!
Alan

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrew Slatter

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back