Collect product release upgrade path in excel and show it in Power BI

gmalpani

Hi

I have an online excel in sharepoint where I am asking users to provide compatibility with Product and Platform.
Users are using predefined dropdown to provide compatibility status and with conditional formatting in excel I am showing colors as given beow.

I am pulling this excel in PBI to create matrix view and replicated the similar view for larger audience.

View 1(Achieved in excel and Power BI)
Comp Matrix_1.PNG

On top of this we have a requirement to show upgrade paths as well;
Meaning Product X22.2 is in customer environment and but soon it will reach end of life so we need to upgrade.
So, we have to show now what is the possible upgrade path for this release.

Earlier we were showing this in Power Point using arrows -

View 2 (yet to build, need suggestions from excel experts)
Upgrade+Comp.PNG

So, is customer has Product X22.2 deployed on Platform A.1 - following upgrade paths are possible depending if product or platform reaching end of life.
Assume Product X 22.2 reaching end of life, so he can upgrade from Product X 22.2 to Product X 22.8 (down arrow). Together with product release upgrade, it is now also possible to upgrade from Platform A.1 to Platform A.2.

Other case is when Product X 22.2 is still available, platform release A.1 reaching end of life. Customer could move from Platform A.1 to Platform A.2 but then
Product X 22.2 on platform Platform A.2 is under test so he might have to discuss this with product manager.

Questions to experts here -

1. Any suggestion how can I collect these upgrade path inputs from the users in excel. If cannot be done together with compatibility excel, I am open to create dedicated excel for upgrade path and merge these information in Power BI.

2. What could be best format and visuals in Power BI to show this in PBI. [No mandate to use arrows, any format is ok which is easy for users to understand)

Thanks
gmalpani

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: Collect product release upgrade path in excel and show it in Power BI
If you have posted the question at more places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0
ok thanks, I will add a cross reference link on other forum as well.

Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: Collect product release upgrade path in excel and show it in Power BI
If you have posted the question at more places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back