Connecting A Power BI Dashboard to Excel

Stacker

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have been able to connect data to excel using publically available APIs and Power Query. Stuff like data from this page and an API like the equivalent downloads for UTLA API. I get data from a Power BI dashboard but they don't have a publically available API like the data above but copying the link fails. I emailed them and they said:

We are pleased to announce Microsoft APIs, Build Permissions and XLMA Endpoints will available for use with the Portal. Please note this is being released as an unsupported functionality, due to us being unable to provide technical support for the implementation of any of the options below locally.

I have excel, power BI and power automate on my PC and what I want to do is:

1) update files by deleting previous data and updating new ones

2) Download daily files and save it using a preset template where only the date is changed and saved to a certain network drive

3) Download some files, filter and paste to new tabs

These three things will be stuff i concern myself with later, for now I just wanna learn how to connect the data to excel, save and automate it.

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
Hey did you ever receive a response or did you figure out the answers to your questions? I have the same questions myself and was hoping to find some answers. I use a BI site that automatically pulls the data I need for a schedule, but I'm looking to use that data in an excel sheet that I have created to simplify the data and share with my team.

Upvote 0
Hmm I'll have to give this a shot, appreciate the link! What issue did you have with it?

Upvote 0
When i connected the data I would have to build the dashboard manually. I thought when i connected the data to excel it would be identical to how it looks in the dashboard but alas..

Upvote 0
Ah I see, at least you got the data connected, that's further than I was able to get. Have you thought about creating a macro to autoformat your dashboard?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back