Excel - > Power BI....Help!

rambodanbo77

Hi all,

I have a very detailed question...

I have commenced a job, and part of the reporting within it is to provide a summary of the snags raised on a project. My predecessor used an excel to report the data and the output is the files attached:

• Overall Status
  • Snag by block/ Level
  • Snag by Contractor
The RAW data is inputted from a database into the black shaded columns within the "FVData" tab - see file named "RAW data".

It is a painful exercise each month to tweak the spreadsheet in order to ensure the output charts are correct, and I wondered whether Power BI would be able to tackle this sufficiently? I have the free copy of Power BI, so assuming this is possible - would it be an issue with the free version? Or, would I need Power BI Pro?

There are circa 25,000 rows on the spreadsheet. I did hope to be able to upload a cut down version of the excel, but it doesn't appear to be allowed. I appreciate it would be easier to understand with a copy of the spreadsheet...

Here are some of the key formulas:

Overall status (column AF in "FVData tab):
=IF(AND([@[SNAG STATUS]],[@[Overdue Contractor]]="Open"),"Open",IF(AND([@[SNAG STATUS]]="Resolved",[@[Overdue Contractor]]="Overdue"),"Pending URW Signoff",IF(AND([@[SNAG STATUS]],[@[Overdue Contractor]]="Resolved"),"Pending URW Signoff",IF([@[SNAG STATUS]]="Rejected","Contested",IF(AND([@[SNAG STATUS]]="Open",[@[Overdue Contractor]]="Overdue"),"Overdue","Closed")))))

Total Remediated (cell E7 in "DASHBOARD" tab):
=SUM(GETPIVOTDATA("OVERALL STATUS",$V$5,"OVERALL STATUS","Closed")+GETPIVOTDATA("OVERALL STATUS",$V$5,"OVERALL STATUS","Contested")+GETPIVOTDATA("OVERALL STATUS",$V$5,"OVERALL STATUS","Pending URW Signoff"))

Total Closed (cell E10 in "DASHBOARD" tab):
=GETPIVOTDATA("OVERALL STATUS",$V$5,"OVERALL STATUS","Closed")

Target closure (cell E5 in "DASHBOARD" tab, which is a number extracted from "Project run rate" tab for the specific date of the report)
=SUM($C$4:AJP4)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Overall status.JPG
    Overall status.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Snag by Block or Level.JPG
    Snag by Block or Level.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Snag by Contractor.JPG
    Snag by Contractor.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 5
  • RAW data.JPG
    RAW data.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 6

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back