Database Username / Pass for Power Query Connection not saving in Excel workbook

MI_2016

Hi

I have the following issue, when a query connection has been setup in an Excel workbook it doesn't save the connection details when other users open and try refreshing the workbook.

When I open and look at the data source settings in the workbook for the query (in Power Query editor) it looks like the credentials are saved (i.e username /password to connect to database), the Privacy levels are also set to Public. So I am not sure why it prompts other users for the username and password when they open and try refreshing the workbook.

Are there any suggestions on something else I may have missed that I should be checking?

Thanks in advance :)

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
Power Query credentials aren't handled at the workbook level. It is handled individually, so each user who have to enter the information at least one time.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Hughes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back