Colour another cell if a cells value is 1

justin_n84

Board Regular
I am trying to conditional format a cell so that if another cells value is 1, it will fill green. I have tried numerous different way but I can't seem to do this with a number, only text.

Please help

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
In the cell you want green click conditional formatting then use a formula to determine which cells to format and as your formula put =B1=1. Change the B1 part to the cell you want to look at containing 1.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
When I try to drag copy the cell down to the next few cells it also colours them green when it shouldn't as per adjecent cells. How do I get the conditional formatting to coincide with the adjacent cell when copying?? Thanks for your help

Upvote 0
When I try to drag copy the cell down to the next few cells it also colours them green when it shouldn't as per adjecent cells. How do I get the conditional formatting to coincide with the adjacent cell when copying?? Thanks for your help

Make sure that the formula does not have any absolute references (i.e. the formula should look like this: "=B1=1" and not like this: "=$B$1=1").

Upvote 0
Thank you. All sorted

You're welcome.

FYI: When building a Conditional Formatting formula, clicking on a cell will automatically create absolute references whereas manually typing the cell reference in will not.

You can also hit F4 to cycle through the absolute reference choices after selecting or typing in the cell reference.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davelevnt

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back