Combine Multiple Sheets from a Folder to create a masterfile

juggernaut24

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello experts, I do have excel files (1 sheet per file but headers are different) to download everyday. I need to transfer them into a masterfile (grouped into sheets) then the process will repeat the next day but the masterfile is still the same.

Basically the new values will be pasted to the last values from yesterday to all of the sheets.

can this be done using vba?

Thank you!

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
thanks for the reply, do you have a vba code that works?

First run, all files from the folder will be transferred to the masterfile, copying the sheetname from the the files (always in sheet 1)

Next Run (tomorrow), the contents per sheet should just be stacked with new values per sheet. It should look for the correct sheetname before pasting the new values

i explored power query but limitation for that is all columns should be the same name and number

Your help would be very much appreciated, thank you :)

Upvote 0
thanks for the reply, do you have a vba code that works?

Sorry, no I do not. You obviously have a lot of custom requirements for what you want to do. And while you will be able to find many VBA examples of combining several workbooks into one big (master) workbook, because that is a common theme, all of them will have been designed to meet someone else's custom requirements. However, if you have some ability in VBA programming, you can use those examples to guide you in creating your own custom solution.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stevenciu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back