Combined column chart question

halesowenmum

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi

I've been creating a column chart and I know how to include an additional set of data and amend the chart axis type so I can get a line for example.

In terms of the main data in the columns they go from a minimum value of 600 to a max value of 17,000.

I wanted the % variation label (line or whatever) to show the % variation figure between the data in the first and second column, and the % variation figure between the data in the 2nd and 3rd column. The range within these % difference calculations is from -17.1% up to +22%.

What type of chart axis would be the best one for me to use and how do I get it so it's not a flat line hidden at the bottom of the chart (which is what it's doing at the moment) - I need to see the % variance numbers (ideally) sitting displayed between each column.

I'm not sure if the formatting of the vertical axis is what needs tweaking and if so, based on the value ranges given above, what should the max, min etc be? Or do I have to do something else entirely?

Thank you.

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
Hello halesowenmum - What you might try is adding the % diff calculations to the chart as another series. Then you select that series and select Secondary Axis. I just tried it and the default was to add it as a column chart. Then I changed the % diff series to a line chart. That then had the % diff numbers on the right vertical axis and you could have whatever range you wanted. Hope this help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaurav_7829

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back