Combining Numerous Cells And Separate With Column and Space

js10053

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2013
Hey all,

I am sure that I am missing something very easy with what I am trying to do, but every solution I have found so far has missed the mark ever so slightly. I need to take multiple cells and combine them into one, but separate them with a comma. I have tried the concatenate function, but it seems that the only way to separate with a comma will require me to click each cell individually and not in a range? I have tried the TextJoin function and it allowed me to do a range but there was no space in between or a comma. So it seems like there should be something that will allow me to quickly do this, but I'm struggling to find the exact way to do it.

Screenshot 2022-02-01 8.54.13 PM.png

I don't have the data of what I actually need to do, but this is just an example of what I'm wanting. I don't necessarily want to have to type anything for each cell because there will likely be over 100 of them. But basically, I need to go down an entire column and combine them. So with the above photo, it would look like January, February, March, April, and so on.

Any help, ideas, etc. you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
Hi,

You mentioned you've tried TEXTJOIN, so I assume your version of Excel has it, the way to do it with ", " (comma space) in between would be:

Untested, since I don't have TEXTJOIN, suggest you update your profile to include your version of Excel.

=TEXTJOIN(", ", TRUE, A2:A8) where A2:A8 is your range

Upvote 0
Solution
Thank you so much! I don't have the actual file that I'm going to be working on at the moment so I'm just using Google Sheets to test it out and it worked like a charm. I will try it with my file tomorrow to make sure that I have TEXTJOIN there, but worst case scenario I can always just use Google Sheets as I just need to get all the data combined quickly for something else.

Thank you again for your help!!

Upvote 0
You're welcome, hopefully it works for you.

Upvote 0
to make sure that I have TEXTJOIN there,
For the future, I suggest that you update your Account details (click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolasmith

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back