Combining specific information from multiple worksheets

jennylou

Hey, I am not a pro in excel but I can get around. Thank you in advance for any guidance.

I have 56 worksheets that look like the below except Column B doesn't always have the same ID#. Is there a way I can pull from each worksheet the information based on the ID#?

ex: ID#=6, and from every worksheet with a 6,it will pull all information on that row (I hope that makes since)

worksheet 1:
A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
I D #
HIGH
TOTAL
1-30
31-60
OVER
TERMS
PAYMENTS
CREDIT
OWED
Disc.
Ppt.
Days Slow

REG

N15

N30

X

2/15 N30

X

1/10 N30

X

<tbody>
</tbody>

worksheet 2
A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
I D #
HIGH
TOTAL
1-30
31-60
OVER
TERMS
PAYMENTS
CREDIT
OWED
Disc.
Ppt.
Days Slow

REG
X
X

N30
X

2/10 N60

N60

<tbody>
</tbody>

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
Hi.

When you say "pull" what exactly do you mean? Do you have some sort of master sheet set-up in which you'd like to return some collated results?

What happens to the data relating to e.g. ID #6 in that master sheet? Is it all summed/averaged/etc. into a single row? Or do you wish to simply return all rows precisely as they are found in the separate sheets into the master sheet, with no calculation whatsoever performed on that data?

Will this only apply to a single ID at a time?

Please try to be a bit clearer about what it is you actually require.

Regards

Upvote 0
XOR LX, I apologize for leaving important information out. I need to set up a master sheet for each ID# to pull from all worksheets if applicable a specific ID# and have it pull that row/rows only. No calculations or anything fancy. (If 20 worksheets have ID# 25, I need a master worksheet that shows all row information for #25 for those 20 worksheets) I hope that helps :)

Thanks
Jenn

Hi.

When you say "pull" what exactly do you mean? Do you have some sort of master sheet set-up in which you'd like to return some collated results?

What happens to the data relating to e.g. ID #6 in that master sheet? Is it all summed/averaged/etc. into a single row? Or do you wish to simply return all rows precisely as they are found in the separate sheets into the master sheet, with no calculation whatsoever performed on that data?

Will this only apply to a single ID at a time?

Please try to be a bit clearer about what it is you actually require.

Regards

Upvote 0
I was afraid VBA was going to be the route, but I am no where close to be able to do that. I can start a project and rename worksheets within but that is all I know how to do. (I may need to set up a class for that) In the mean time i will frighteningly look at your attachment and see what I can achieve :)

Thank you for your time and help

It's a job which is far simpler and amenable to VBA, but if for whatever reason you want to try a purely formula-based solution, you could have a go at adapting the solution I outline here:

Collating from multiple sheets based on conditions | EXCELXOR

If you're not sure about anything and/or you'd prefer to go down the VBA route then let me know.

Regards

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grijken

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back