Combining SUMPRODUCT and DATE functions

Hasko

Guys,

I have a table where I fill-in various info:

I would like to focus on the last three column headers/ date/month/year (used formula to extract month and the year from the date)

Then on another sheet I have new tables where I sum the information by "persons, companies etc..." only when specific conditions have been met using SUMPRODUCT, here's the other sheet (look at the formula bar to see the actual formula I use):

Now, is there a way not to use =MONTH() and =YEAR() (delete last two columns completely) functions but to somehow combine these with the existing SUMPRODUCT and meet date related conditions only from the date column (save space on the sheet and make it more straight-forward), current formula e.g.:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Table1[year]=2002),--(Table1[Name]="Test"),--(Table1[month]=1),Table1[iznos izdatih faktura])

instead of using refs to "year" and "month" to find specific results can I combine some other function with sumproduct to e.g. calculate "broj izdatih faktura" for 11/2002 WITHOUT using the separate columns/ last two on the right...???

Guess I was understandable enough ;)

Thx!

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
Try:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(TEXT(Table1[date],"mm-yy")="01-02"),--(Table1[Name]="Test"),Table1[iznos izdatih faktura])

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwdbActuary

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back