Combo Chart with Stacked area and Cluster Column. NeedStacked area to go from Vertical Axis to Vertical Axis

eicherbiker

Hello, I have a stacked Area chart in a combo chart with cluster columns. The stacked area chart utilizes the secondary vertical axis. The sides of the area chart end in the middle of the label on the horizontal axis (centered on the tick mark and the cluster columns). If I change the Axis position from "Between Tick marks" to "On Tick Marks," the left side of the area chart actually goes all the way to the left vertical axis, where I want it. BUT, half of the cluster columns are off the chart. I would like my cluster columns to stay centered, but I would like my Stacked Area to extend all the way to each side (from the vertical axis on the left to the vertical axis on the right like the cluster column does, or like the Stacked Area would do if it was not in a combo chart). What am I missing? What do I need to change? Please help.

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
Without seeing what you have, I can only suggest adding a secondary horizontal axis. You might have to adjust the new horizontal axis's setting "Vertical axis crosses" and one or the other horizontal axis tick mark settings.

After you get an acceptable plotted display, do not delete the secondary horizontal axis. Instead, change that axis to have no line and no labels and it will disappear from view.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thnirmitha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back