Compare 2 spreadsheets based on criteria = macro?

sfjnet

Hi - Forgive me if the answer to this is obvious but I don't really do this sort of thing normally. I need to compare info from 2 different spreadsheets and output to a third based on certain criteria. I don't think I can attach sample spreadsheets to this post, but if you think you can assist with my query I can send you some small sample files to use as a guide - just reply to let me know your email. What I need to do is:

(a) - starting with my sample W20 Test Page spreadsheet, I need to select all rows where the Column J (Actual Date) field is either blank or shows a date with is more than 7 days later than the date shown for the same row in Column H (Original Schedule Date)

(b) - each of those rows also has a unique code number shown in Column B (Item Public Code)

(c) - I then need to look on the B20 Test Page spreadsheet to pick out any rows where the code number shown in Column B (Item Public Code) is the same as the Column B code number on the W20 Test Page for rows that meet the criteria set out (a) above.

(d) - I would then like to copy these rows to a third blank spreadsheet so that, ideally, it would first show the W20 row that meets the criteria in (a), followed by the B20 rows with matching Column B code numbers. Please note that on the B20 spreadsheet there may be several rows with the same code number as a single row on the W20 sheet. This is because the B20 rows refer to sub-items of the overall item shown on W20.

To hopefully assist with this explanation, on the W20 sample sheet I have coloured a row which meets the criteria in (a). On the B20 sample sheet I have coloured several rows with Column B code numbers that match the code number from the highlighted row on the W20 sheet. Finally I have created a Sample Results spreadsheet to show what sort of output I am looking for based on the actions above. It's probably cheeky, but on the results sheet it would be good to have the "W20" fields coloured red.

I hope this makes sense, and many thanks for reading.

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
Try this. Not sure if the date check thing will work, give it a go and let me know.
You need to ensure that your blank 'results' spreadsheet is called 'sheet1'

Code:
sub DoThat
x=0
sheets("sheet1").range("A1") = "W20 Rows"
sheets("sheet1").range("B1") = "B20 Rows"

for each cell in sheets("W20").range("J:J")
    if cell.value = "" or cell.value > sheets("W20").range("H"& cell.row) +7 then
            x=x+1 
            UniqCode = sheets("W20").range("B"& cell.row)
            Sheets("Sheet1").Range("a1").Offset(x, 0) = cell.Row
            n = 1
            For each cell2 in sheets("B20").range("B:B")
                         If cell2.value = UniqCode then
                                   Sheets("Sheet1").Range("a1").Offset(x, n) = cell2.Row
                                   n = n+1
                          End If
             next
       End if
next
end sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back