Compare worksheets help sought

Jak

Tomorrrow I have to compare two worksheets. One from a client, the other from our database. The idea is to identify matching data and the differences between the two spreadsheets! Can anyone recomend a comparison program that can allow me to specify the range and highlight the two criterias to a new worksheet? Any suggestions or links to programs would be welcomed. Thanks

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
Hello Jak:
What are the 2 sheet names ?
What columns do you need to compare ?
What results would you like to see ?

Upvote 0
Hi Nimrod

The data will be placed into one workbook. Sheet 1 will have the client’s data; sheet 2 will have our data. I need to compare our data to the clients to see where there are anomalies.

I have been thinking about this and what I need to do is use two colour highlights, the first to highlight cells which are the same and the second to highlight cells that are different on Sheet 1 & Sheet 2. I can then extract rows from both sheets where anomalies have been flagged and compare the differences.

Columns 1 through 8 are to be tested and there are over 5500 rows on each sheet. There is a header row with the following headings on each sheet.

batch, cand no, forename, surname, product, portfolio, ext, status

I am going to sort each worksheet by batch, surname, product but the number of rows on each sheet is likely to be different.

There is a lot of data to compare and the very thought of how much time it will take worries me. Thanks for your interest Nimrod, greatly appreciated.

If you need any additional info, let me know. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Trying out a programe called Synkronizer XL 8.0 to accomplish this.

Thanks all for the input.

Upvote 0
Trying out a programe called Synkronizer XL 8.0 to accomplish this.

OK Jak... I won't work on this problem unless you post back indicating the the Synkronizer wasn't successful. :wink:

Upvote 0
No problem Nimrod, got the data late yesterday afternoon and time is of the essence so I will be trying out the programe today to see if it idenfifies all the differences. If it falls short I will be sure to ask for your help. Many thanks

Upvote 0
Just a quick thank to Nimrod for the offer of help. Got sorted yesterday using the aformentioned program.

If anyone runs into a similar situation, try the evaluation version which can be downloaded at:

http://www.synkronizer.com/

Jak

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shantanu2024

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back