Comparison of two sheets within their unique values

rubertpablo7

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have been trying to find a way to compare bin locations and the part #s in those locations for a warehouse. Each part has its unique numbers and locations, and I was wondering if there is a way to have a unique formula that compares two sheets of those locations and the parts within them. For example, in the Excel sheet if W13A-09-1 shows in the first sheet, so when I scan into the second sheet, or manually type it, it should give me a code, 1,2,3, or True or False that is in the 1st sheet.

Attachments

• W13.png
    W13.png
    26.1 KB · Views: 7
  • W13-Confirmation.png
    W13-Confirmation.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 7

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
Forgive me. I was trying to do an IF formula, to see if both columns of A and B are true in both sheets it would be true, or change it so it can code it as 1, as for our term in the warehouse, 1 means the part is in the correct bin location. That is what I meant for a True or False statement for both sheets.

Upvote 0
Let me see if I understand correctly. You have two workhseets (what are their names?). One sheet contains a warehouse record of items, each item has a Part number (the Part column) and a location (the Bin column). Someone then separately scans each item and records the part number and bin location in a different worksheet. And you want to compare the two worksheets and record a "1" in the scan worksheet if the item scanned correspond to an item with the same part number and bin location on the other worksheet?

So there can be multiple items having the same part number and bin location, correct? And if that is the case, then there must be a one-to-one correspondence when matching between the two lists to prevent multiple items in the scanned list being matched against a single entry in the initial warehouse record?...is that correct?

Upvote 0
Yes, that is correct. Each item scanned has a unique bin and they are in multiple locations, so I don't want the Worksheet to compare if we have the part overall, but if it's in their unique locations as we put in the 1st Worksheet. The 1st Worksheet can be called the WH Part to Bin Locations, and the 2nd Worksheet can be called Location Audit Tracker. Everything you said is spot on, on what I need, if it is possible it would be highly appreciated.

Upvote 0
I’m still not clear on what each row represents. Let’s go back to this statement in my last post…”So there can be multiple items having the same part number and bin location, correct?”

Could you have 10 widgets, all part number 1A residing in bin 2? If that is plausible, would you expect 10 rows in WH showing p/n 1A and bin 2? And then you would you also expect the same number of rows (10) in the Location Audit Tracker sheet with the same p/n and bin?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mystic19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back