Compiling Data from excel survey....Is it even possible to accomplish what i want?

2clacaze

So, I created an Excel Survey to ask new customers to our powder-coating business to provide the vital information regarding their work orders that is badly missed on their hand-written P.O.s, and in the never-ending struggle to make life easier, I thought, "Self, you should really try to get the info from the survey to populate itself into that snazzy new Excel Work Order Form you created."

Problem is, the survey stores to an online excel file, my workbook and all of its macros to save and generate a new Work Order are offline. Furthermore, it would seem that the survey stores the information in a row dedicated to that session. Meaning that eventually there will be thousands of entries.

Can I parse that line out to populate my work order without having to write a new macro for each line? Or would i set a macro to populate a work order from Row 1, and then deleting that row, effectively "processing" that information on down the line and shifting the next set of survey responses up to fill the void?

Took screenshots to help you understand, but for the life-of-me, I cant figure how to upload them in this forum.....

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArturS75

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back