Compiling data from multiple worksheets into one - sheets added annually

bsweet0us

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I'm not sure how to word this, but I'm going to give it my best shot.

My current workbook as it stands today has several sheets all formatted the same way. Column A has a list of names beginning with row 2. Columns B - Y has a list of headings across row 1. The headings are constant across all the sheets but the names on each sheet will differ. I have one sheet named "Running Totals" that generates its names in Column A by compiling a list of unique names across all the other sheets in the workbook. This part works without issues.

My struggle is compiling the data for each name across columns B - Y. My "Running Totals" sheet should consist of the total of each column from the other worksheets. For example, if row 2 has the name "Jimmy Golden", cell B2 should total all the values in column B corresponding to whichever row "Jimmy Golden" is on for each sheet. His name might be on row 34 on Sheet1, row 18 on Sheet2, not at all on Sheet3, row 56 of Sheet4, etc. I think I can use some sort of array reference to pull the values from the row but not sure how to add them once the data is stored in the array. Maybe there's a better way than that, so that's why I'm turning to the experts here.

I'm not opposed to formulas, but with the addition of sheets every year, I don't know how to make a dynamic formula that would work. Again, I'm no expert so feel free to suggest this option if it will work.

If I can provide more info, I'll be glad to just let me know what would help in solving this dilemma.

Thanks in advance!

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back