Complete fillable PDF file with VBA without Acrobate Professional?

Villee

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I have a PDF file with fields you can fill in and then you can print or save the file with the filled in information.

Is it possible to open the file with VBA, automatically fill in the fields based on values from Excel and then print or save the file as a new PDF with VBA?

Is this possible with the free version of PDF reader?

I read some posts but didn't get if this required Adobe Professional. As I understood in the Professional version you can get the field names to be filled similar to getElementId in webscraping? Is it possible to do it without a payable version?

I also read something about activating Adobe in the VBA Object Library but really didn´t get which parts, why or if this only worked with the professional version?

Thanks for all help!

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
From my understanding, the COM libraries only come with an overpriced Acrobat Pro subscription. The Acrobat API is free and that's fine for those who know C++ and wish to wade through a rather complicated API. There are some free tools out there. The best I've found is based on the NET Framework and has some C# examples. Do you know any of the NET compatible languages? Besides that, you may be able to poke around with sending keystrokes. I don't really know about that using the free reader.

Upvote 0
Ok, thanks for the info, I guess I will have to skip this project for now, too complicated or pricey :(

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back